IT Business Analyst
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Job Title: IT Business Analyst
Salary: CompetitiveLocation: Portsmouth, PO6
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 09:00am to 5:30pm
IT Business Analyst - The Role:
SPB UK IT has an innovative, team-oriented and high-energy culture. As a Business Analyst you will have significant impact on our company’s growth and success. As primary contact for IT systems and business owners for process initiatives, you’ll drive continuous process improvement both within IT, across our business functions and with our business partners.
IT Business Analyst - Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Own the Business Analysis activity for SPB UK.
- Build relationships to enable clear communication between Business and IT stakeholders and cross-functional teams to facilitate requirements gathering.
- Organise and lead discovery workshops to identify and refine requirements.
- Document, prioritise and manage requirements throughout the process-change cycle and digital transformation.
- Consult with stakeholders to understand business needs and objectives, current operational procedures and areas of improvement.
- Translate complex business needs to technical teams and vice-versa.
- Build Scenarios, Use Cases, Process maps/flows, Design workflow, Functional specifications.
- Ensure scope, requirements and system development remain aligned throughout the SDLC.
- Liaise with stakeholders to build testing plans and sign-off processes against critical success factors.
- Provide ad-hoc support within IT team to include facilitating project meetings and issue tracking/resolution.
- Organise, document and communicate post-implementation reviews and learnings.
- Research and review emerging or available technology against business needs, including POCs, Prototyping and vendor selection.
- Assist in the development of comprehensive business cases with cost and service benefit dimensions and return on investment for IT projects to drive funding and scope decisions.
- Build the BA function to develop standards for Business Requirements, Testing and Release of changes and documentation library of processes.
IT Business Analyst - Education and/or Experience:
- University degree or equivalent professional experience with emphasis on technology or an appropriate field of business management – key is demonstrating analytical and communication skills.
- Proven experience as a Business Analyst, competent with models and techniques for Facilitation, Flowcharting, Prioritisation, Process mapping and risk, impact and gap analysis.
Proficient understanding of at least one business discipline or function (eg: Finance, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Customer Support).
- Ability to work independently and function effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to exercise personal authority and organisational leadership to establish and maintain high standard of stakeholder engagement.
- Knowledge of IT systems and applications, relational database concepts, SDLC and Client-server/Cloud concepts.
- Understanding of Security, Privacy and Compliance as they relate to systems and processes.
- Competencies and Skills IT Business Analyst - Communication & Negotiation skills:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Expert communication, facilitation, written and presentation skills.
- Lead requirements discovery workshops, collaboration sessions with IT and business partners, and problem-troubleshooting discussions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all stakeholders.
- Ability to motivate others and drive change.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects within project timeframes.
- Actively bridge technical and business cultures/perspectives to negotiate priorities, resolve conflicts and effectively manage expectations.
IT Business Analyst - Analytical skills:
- Ability to solve practical problems in a logical manner and deal with a variety of variables and help turn ambiguity to clarity.
- Ability to interpret output from facilitated/interview session to create appropriate documentation.
- Critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into detail (and vice-versa).
- Ability to use data modelling practices to analyse findings and create suggestions for strategic and operational improvements and changes.
- Ability to steer prioritisation exercises to establish the Must-haves from the Nice-to-haves.
- Open to ways to solve problems, eg: staged deliverables, shortened cycle times, narrowed focus (critical few, MVP) to support agile deployment and continuous improvement.
- Attention to detail.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, press ‘Apply’ today. You will be redirected to our website where you can complete your application!
In addition, due to the nature of our business, the Company is unable to employ any candidates with adverse financial history or unspent criminal records