Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
A new position has been created to for an Assistant Buyer to join our exiting procument team based at Golborne. Primary focus will be on assisting the material buyers to place low value and low risk material purchase orders and assist with record keeping. Support may also be required to assist the subcontract buyers throughout the procurement process.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Aiding the Procurement team and advising on purchasing policy, strategy and planning
* Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
* Contact suppliers to ensure meeting delivery schedules, to expedite and to alleviate potential supply shortages and or missed deliveries.
* Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
* Conduct regular review of supplier accreditation to ensure continued compliance.
* Monitor status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
* Maintain and monitor Supplier performance evaluation.
* Locate suppliers, using existing or sourcing new providers using the various media, internet trade catalogue etc.,
* Review requisitions in order to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
* Process approved requisitions, prepare invitation to bid and mail to supplier firms or distribute for public posting.
* Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
* Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to requisition originator.
* Post order costs in computer accounting systems.
* Monitor and evaluate Supplier / Order performance.
Skills & Experience
* Experience of procurement in a similar role.
* Knowledge of material procurement and familiarity with standard purchase order terms and other procurement routes such as PCard, Precision Pay etc.
* Experience of the energy sector desirable (i.e. power, gas and pipeline, overhead lines and marine projects.
* Experience of working with a civils contractor desirable.
* Studying towards CIPS desirable
£12 - £20 Hourly
£15k - £20k Annual