Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Are you an infrastructure engineer with virtualisation, Windows and Azure experience wanting to join a company providing opportunities to utilise the newest technologies?? The University of Salford are carrying out a digital transformation project at the moment, so this is a great opportunity to get involved!
You will be joining a team of 8, providing 3rd line support within the education sector to more than 20,000 students. They are backed by a large investment and therefore able to provide the successful candidate with access to the newest technologies including daily exposure to cloud based technologies. You will be working within the Infrastructure IT team coordinating all the ICT services, infrastructure, data and telecommunication networks, email, IT security, back up and storage as well as development of all IT solutions. You will gain hands on experience working with dual data centres, working with the latest virtual server technologies providing both Wintel and Red Hat services.
The Infrastructure engineer will be based in Salford and will be responsible for developing, managing and ensuring the efficient operation of computer and storage technologies which you will gather expertise. You will be responsible for establishing technical standards, ensuring effective performance.
* Implement, develop, maintain and support the assigned computer and storage technologies.
* Ensure the availability and reliability of systems
* Ensure that the appropriate level of cover is maintained constantly
* Providing 3rd line support to the team and service users
* Ensure a secure environment for the assigned computer and storage technologies, using relevant security methods, including regular assessment of disaster recovery procedures
Who you’ll be
You will have 3rd line infrastructure support experience
* Substantial experience developing and supporting cloud and physical system solutions
* Expertise in enabling services (DHCP/DNS/Active Directory/ ADFS MFA Authentication)
* Office 365 including exchange online
* Virtualisation (V-Sphere preferable)
* Understanding of core networking principles including switching, routing, firewalls, load balancing, transport layers, fibre connectivity
* Substantial experience of working in a large, highly complex and controlled IT Environment
Compute Engineer- 3 month contract- University of Salford- Azure, Office 365,V-Sphere, Networking- £350 per day
£0 - £350 Daily
£35k - £85k Annual
£23k - £33k Annual
£293 - £335 Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£30k - £38k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£27k - £32k Annual
£300 - £500 Daily