IT Support Analyst (2nd Line)
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Cellmark is one of the UK’s largest providers of DNA and forensic testing services to the police, and a leading supplier of paternity and drug testing services to government agencies, the legal community and the general public. With more than 450 employees we have an excellent reputation for quality, reliability and speed of delivery built over 30 years of innovation and service excellence.
Position: 2nd Line IT Helpdesk Support Engineer
Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire (commutable from Oxford, Didcot, Witney, Wantage & surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £Competitive dependent upon experience
Benefits: Private medical insurance; Permanent Health Insurance; 25 days per annum holiday; 9 ½ x salary life insurance; Perkbox membership; 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme; Attractive group pension scheme
About the role:
We are currently looking for a 2nd Line IT Helpdesk Support Engineer to provide excellent IT support services to internal and external customers by ensuring that the IT infrastructure and systems are constantly available and running efficiently.
- Diagnostics of software and hardware incidents resulting in majority first time fix.
- Telephone / IT Service Desk support to internal and external customers.
- Installation of computer hardware and software.
- Documentation of problem resolution and operating procedures.
- Co-ordinate with 3rd party vendors on support issues and remote access.
- Take on primary responsibility for certain areas (e.g. laptops).
The successful candidate will be educated to preferably degree level, but at least ‘A’ level standard with Maths, English and Computer Science / ICT to GCSE level or equivalent experience, and / or qualifications. You will also have experience of the following technical skills:
- Microsoft Windows client / desktop operating systems (from 7 and above).
- Microsoft Windows Server and support (2008 and above, and Active Directory Services).
- Microsoft and general desktop application software (MS Office 2010 and above).
- Using VMware to create and manage VMs.
- Deployment of Windows 10 in the enterprise.
- PC / Laptop / Tablet / mobile hardware, telephony (PBX), and networking.
This vacancy would suit an individual with computer experience who desires to progress their career in PC and software support and works well in a team environment. You will have a flexible and creative approach to problem-solving with a can-do attitude. You will also have the willingness and ability to quickly learn a wide range of new skills and knowledge whilst being able to work well under pressure to deadlines.
At Cellmark, we understand the value of diversity. We respect different approaches and strive to work together to make the best use of everyone’s talents. So, if this sounds like the position that you are looking for, then Cellmark may be the right place for you.
Due to nature of the work we undertake, all applicants must have lived in the UK continuously for the past three years and will be required to obtain security clearance which we will arrange.
You may have experience of the following: Helpdesk Support Analyst, Helpdesk Support Technician, 1st Line Support, 2nd Line Support, IT Support Technician, IT Technical Support, Desktop Support, IT Helpdesk, Network Support Engineer, System Administrator, Network Administrator, Helpdesk Engineer, Systems Administrator, Windows Server, Active Directory, VMWare, etc
£16 - £16 Hourly
£24k - £25k Annual
£21k - £25k Annual
£24k - £25k Annual
£21k - £25k Annual
£23k - £26k Annual