Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
The successful candidate will need a broad knowledge of orchestrating systems solutions in a military environment, and will be someone who has the ability to consider customer requirements and develop them into system test solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost restraints.
The Test Architect will report to the Engineering Leadership Team and be under the general direction of the Integration and Test Manager.
• Developing advanced technological ideas and guiding their development into a final product.
• Application of advanced technical principles, techniques, theories and concepts.
• Review, evaluation and derivation of requirements for testability, develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for complete systems and/or subsystems.
• Act as advisor to management and customers on advanced I&T technical research studies and applications.
• Serves as organization I&T spokesperson on complex projects and/or programs.
• Support Business Development and Programme Management during capture & proposal phases.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
• Ability to synthesize customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
• Experience of integrating complex systems
• Experience of qualifying software to Safety Integrity Levels (SIL 2, DO-168)
• Experience of defining & monitoring sub-contract test activities
• Familiar with Military EMC and Environmental Standards and sub-contracting testing to these.
• Knowledge of Modelling and Simulation techniques for validation
• Knowledge of integration to Def Stan 21-88 desirable
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
• Experience of implementing Test Frameworks and Automation tools
• Model based Engineering
• Experience of Software Testing (ISTB qualified)
• Experience with JIRA
• Familiar with DOORS
• Familiar with Defect reporting and tracking systems
• MODAF/DODAF desirable.
The role will involve working on UK classified programmes the candidate must therefore be willing and able to obtain a security clearance to SC