Design Engineer Apprentice
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
25 days of holidays + 8 bank holidays
Mobile phone, laptop and chance to gain company vehicle
Pension matched up to 7%
What you will do
As an Apprentice, you will learn from an experienced Design Engineer to build new skills, while applying your knowledge to real-world live projects. We are offering a full-time permanent Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship Programme for talented people. This is a genuine alternative to university for people who have a passion for engineering and who want to launch their career with us. The apprenticeship will combine on-the-job work experience, with time at college to achieve a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
As an Apprentice Design Engineer you will work on designing solutions based on our clients’ demands. We are a world leader in building solutions, such as fire and security and building management systems, and you will design how these detailed and complex structures fit into buildings, to ensure the safety and protection of people.
How you will do it
This apprenticeship will provide a foundation from which to progress on several career paths within the Company as Mechanical Design Engineer. During the apprenticeship you will learn to produce fire protection/detection design drawings that are interfaced into the working dynamics of the clients building and install complex fire suppression systems. This is a very exciting, challenging and rewarding role that will provide a start point for a lifelong career within the fire industry community.
What we look for
• 4 GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C minimum - in Math, English, Science and IT/CDT or equivalent
• Enthusiasm to learn and an interest in problem solving
• Good IT skills
• Excellent communication skills
• AutoCAD experience would be beneficial
• Ability to work both independently and as a team player
• Although no engineering experience is required, candidates must show an interest in engineering
• Work authorization for the country in which you are applying to
£28k - £34k Annual
£30k - £30k Annual
£30k - £30k Annual
£11.9 - £11.9 Hourly