Lead Supplier Quality Engineer
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Our clients programme combines innovation with best engineering practice to develop patented technologies, unlocking new levels of power density.
The company offers an exciting and fast-paced environment where innovative and unusual ideas are actively encouraged. The business is rapidly growing and as such is the ideal environment for a candidate looking for career progression and involvement in an industry-changing product from an early stage.
About the role;
Reporting to the Head of Quality, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Supplier Quality and Goods Inwards Inspection teams. The Lead SQE has responsibility for assuring the quality of components and subassemblies delivered to our client from its global supply chain, as well as working with the suppliers and Buyers to improve component quality and delivery.
Daily duties include:
* Conducting vendor assessment and supplier surveillance audits.
* Ensuring that PPAPs are reviewed and approved in a timely manner.
* Maintaining the component PPAP database and updating departmental KPIs.
* Organising internal/external measurements as necessary to validate PPAPs.
* Assisting suppliers develop and maintain Component Quality Plans, as necessary.
* Maintenance of the Component Quality Plan Database.
* Creating and maintaining component inspection plans.
* Raising reject notes and requesting 8D reports from the supplier.
* Supporting supplier root cause analysis and corrective action planning, as required.
* Verifying implementation and effectiveness of supplier correction actions.
* Collating and evaluating supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain.
* Acting as Supplier Development Engineer when required, by supporting supplier improvement activities.
* Reporting internally on supplier quality performance.
* A highly organised, self-starter and logical thinker.
* Clear positive work ethic with a desire to get the job done.
* Excellent communication skills: ability to deal effectively and considerately with a wide variety of individuals.
* An enthusiastic, positive, calm and accommodating approach to work and changing priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
* Willingness to travel in UK and internationally.
Skills and Experience
* ISO 9001:2015 qualification.
* Team management experience.
* Previously worked as a Supplier Quality Engineer and/or Supplier Development Engineer in the automotive sector or equivalent.
* In-depth working knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
* Well versed in quality tools and methods, including but not limited to 8D, Ishikawa, 5-Why, SPC, Pareto, etc.
* Metrology, inspection methods and equipment.
* Full clean driving licence.
* Understanding manufacturing processes
* Preferred as Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent and/or recognised Quality Management qualification
To find out more, apply through the link and we will call you to discuss the position in more detail.
WEEKLY HOURS: 37.5 per week, Mon – Fri