Cloud & HPC Software Engineer
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Have you ever considered using your software development skills to help drive research in to the future of zero carbon energy? Here at the UK Atomic Energy Authority, we are researching Fusion Energy and aiming to create truly clean energy to power the world for future generations.
You’ll join the Scientific Computing Group and take responsibility for implementation of key applications across a number of UKAEA’s programmes, supporting migration to cloud and/or development of novel HPC applications. You’ll work with scientists and engineers across UKAEA and other sites globally to encourage uptake of cloud technologies or working to optimise HPC codes.
You will have the opportunity to exploit your role to investigate future usage of novel technologies such as ARM processors, GPUs, large shared memory machines, NVM systems and object stores, as well as to report on and encourage the adoption of these across UKAEA where appropriate.
• Relevant Scientific/Engineering/Computing degree or equivalent experience within a commercial or research environment.
• Leadership experience with small to medium size teams working to tight deadlines and within budgetary constraints
• Significant experience in one or more of the following:
o Cloud technologies (e.g. virtualisation, orchestration, containerisation, software defined networking)
o HPC technologies (e.g. MPI, OpenMP, PGAS, MPI-IO, HPC debugging and analysis suites)
o Modern Data Management Technologies (e.g. persistent identifiers, metadata standardisation, object storage, provenance standards)
o ML/AI technologies and techniques (e.g. tensorflow, Apache Spark, clustering techniques)
• Significant hands-on experience with either deployment of applications across cloud environments or in HPC optimisation.
• Demonstrable experience in implementing medium to large scale applications in multi user environments in at least one of the following languages: C++, C, FORTRAN (F90 onwards), Python
• Confident in use of the UNIX command line.
• Excellent and demonstrable communication and presentation skills.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants