Environmental Engineering Technician
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
An opportunity has arisen for a conscientious, adaptable person to join our Environmental Facilities team working with high technology equipment on a daily basis, to provide vital support to the wider group in the areas of calibration, validation and test configuration. The role involves a great mix of activities within a laboratory environment and with the chance to work with instrumentation, test equipment and experimental test hardware.
What are we looking for?
- Good numeracy and literary skills and ability to interact with colleagues effectively
- High attention to detail and accurate, up to date record keeping
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, laboratory quality management system processes (including UKAS / ISO17025 requirements) and other related processes.
- Able to safely handle and use components, tools, parts and products relevant to the role (training will be given where necessary).
- Flexible and able to plan own work in a high pressure environment
- Practical, reliable person with a willingness and ability to learn.
- A working knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft ‘Word’, ‘Excel’; knowledge of ‘Access’ would be an advantage.
What’s in it for you?
This is a new role within an expanding team and brings a great opportunity to develop your existing skills and experience whilst undertaking a variety of tasks; on the job training will be provided as required. There is also good potential for future progress into a Calibration Engineer, Environmental Facilities Engineer or Environmental Test Engineer position.
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
Key activities within this role are:
- Plan, deliver and monitor assigned tasks; ensuring requirements are delivered according to cost, quality and schedule.
- Calibration of accelerometers and temperature measuring sensors.
- Validation of fixed and portable environmental test chambers/enclosures.
- Validation and installation of environmental instrumentation (e.g. accelerometers, thermocouples, strain gauges etc.)
- Provide assistance to EE&F colleagues for some laboratory / facility tasks (e.g. shaker re-configuration and fixture / test item attachment / demounting.
- Support the development of solutions to technical issues and process improvement opportunities within the team.
What’s great about the team?
Environmental Engineering Facilities Team
- You will be joining a small, focussed team responsible for providing vital support to all environmental and structural testing activities within the Test laboratory Group.
- There is great team spirit, working together to continuously improve the reliability and availability of the test facilities in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval). -
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)