Senior Practice Accountant
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Location: Dunstable, Beds.
Salary: £26,000 - £35,000 dependent on experience.
Contract: Full Time, permanent.
We are seeking a Practice Accountant to join our growing office based in Dunstable, Beds and surrounding areas.
TaxAssist Accountants is a national network of accountants who are experts in helping small business owners and self-employed people with their tax and accountancy needs. With an open and friendly approach, we're straightforward to understand and provide real value for money. We rank in the Accountancy Age UK Top 25 with over 200 offices across the country.
We are looking for a person with strong practice experience to support our next growth phase. Comfortable in a small office environment, you'll report directly to our local Principal, and manage the scheduling of all work between the team
Senior Practice Accountant - The Role:
You'll provide a range of services to a varied portfolio of limited companies, sole traders and partnerships including;
• Managing the portfolio of small business clients
• To perform reviews on any prepared accounts and tax returns
• Preparing annual accounts as well as company and personal tax returns
• Providing advice and guidance to clients and junior staff when required
• Supervise bookkeeping and review VAT returns
• Migrating clients onto cloud accounting/bookkeeping systems
• Managing the move to MTD
Practice Accountant - Skills and Experience:
You'll have made significant progress towards, or have completed your AAT, ATT or ACCA qualification and have at least three years' experience within an accountancy practice. Comfortable talking to small business owners about their accounts and tax returns at their level, you must also have:
• Strong knowledge of accounting systems, UK tax laws and accounting standards applicable to small business
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to both clients and colleagues
• A desire to embrace technological change
• Specific knowledge of TaxCalc, Quickbooks, ReceiptBank
• A knowledge of Virtual Cabinet, CIS, Payroll, and Brightpay would also be beneficial
• In house training programme at our National Training Academy and external trainers
• CPD and study support
This is an excellent opportunity for a capable individual who enjoys working as part of a team to deliver excellent client service. The ideal candidate will be looking to develop their skills in a rapidly growing and dynamic business using industry leading software with support from a multi award winning accountancy network.
The role has progression opportunities attached and the successful candidate will be developed so as to be able to move into an ownership role in the future if desirable.
If we've just described you and you want to experience the rewarding and varied nature of working with small businesses in a friendly local business atmosphere, then click the APPLY button to forward an up to date CV and covering letter detailing why you think you have what it takes to progress within this role
£40k - £50k Annual
£30k - £50k Annual
£28k - £35k Annual