Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Major Equipment Procurement (MEP) function.
The MEP function is responsible for developing and maintaining long term, open, collaborative and commercially robust business relationships with suppliers who are designing and delivering complex sub-systems and unique services for MBDA.
The primary objective of the role is to ensure the supplier performs its contractual obligations in order to maintain MBDA’s ability to meet its customer delivery milestones.
Managing a portfolio of complex sub-system equipment and/or service suppliers, you will be responsible for obtaining Value for Money (VfM) solutions from the supplier, drafting and negotiating subcontracts and, once on contract, managing the supplier programmes and subcontracts. You will build effective relationships at all levels to embed collaborative working within both MBDA multifunctional project teams and the supplier’s organisation, ensuring the selected solution is developed and delivered by the supplier to meet MBDA needs.
Key aspects of the role involve:
- You will be the primary interface dealing with design authority suppliers who provide complex sub-systems for use in, and services to support MBDA’s weapon systems,
- Responsible for:
- Managing the major supplier related aspects of the business winning process including;g, drafting and negotiation of complex RFQs, sub-contracts, contract amendments and other industrial agreements
- Ensuring the Sub-contractor delivers to programme and technical requirements within authorised budgets, and in accordance with their contractual obligations
- Managing and developing the business relationship with suppliers
- Leading a supplier facing multi-functional team within MBDA
- Implementing strategies associated with the sub-contract(s) to deliver maximum business advantage in line with business plans, in the high value/high risk and complex political environment
- Seeking ways to continually improve the Supplier to be a high performing supplier Ensuring MBDA has adequate visibility of the Sub-contractor programmes and associated risks such that strategies can be implemented to overcome problems that may hazard timely delivery of project requirements or cost
- Participating in project and functional process improvement opportunities, sharing best practice where appropriate within other sectors/projects
- Providing accurate budget and cash forecasts for supplier payments
- Dependent on specific role, management of one or two team members
Whats in it for you?
- You will be joining a highly skilled, energetic Procurement team who strive for personal and professional excellence such that they are the recognised leaders within MBDA for delivering global through life Major Equipment Procurement solutions to support Customer needs.
- MEP is a multi-national department with equivalent teams in France and Italy with a global supply base.The MEP role therefore offers opportunities to build international networks and to be exposed to and work with other cultures.
- The MEP team is an integral part of the MBDA project team which provides opportunity to be involved in complex UK and international programmes along with the responsibility for delivering critical elements to the main programme to ensure MBDA delivers on its customer commitments.
- This is a unique Procurement role which will provide visibility and both commercial and project management experience across key MBDA project areas exposing the individual to a range of complex and advanced products and technologies.
What are we looking for from you?
- Enthusiastic, proactive and adaptable individual able to deal with complex situations
- Able to draft contract agreements and negotiate terms and conditions to maximise the benefit to MBDA
- A natural communicator, able to build strong relationships, with experience in driving multi-functional teams and delivering to tight time-scales
- Strong relationship management skills demonstrating an aptitude to be able to lead and influence key stakeholders and suppliers with the support of senior management
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office IT packages (SAP, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
What you would get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance without restrictions.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
£250 - £350 Daily
£55k - £60k Annual