Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
The successful candidate will work within an established team of twelve lab technicians and play a pivotal role in the metallurgical processes on site.
The metallurgical technician’s duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepare samples of steel specimens for micro-structural examination
- Prepare samples and conduct mechanical tests such as hardness and tensile testing
- Conduct product investigations including the dissembling of product, recording observations made during the structured process.
- Collect and analyse data
- Report results using digital image capture techniques and Microsoft Excel
- Produce technical reports
- When required, support the Forensic Investigations Manager
- Perform both macro and micro examination of steel
I am keen to speak to metallurgical technician with the following:
- Experience performing mechanical tests on steel
- Ability to prepare samples
- Experience working in a laboratory environment, preferably metallurgical
- Metallurgical testing experience
- Materials Science or Materials Engineering degree
- Good IT and communication skills
Are you passionate about driving change in a business where Technical Development is the key to the business? This is a great opportunity for a Metallurgical Technician to join a business as it enters an exciting period.
Elevation Engineering & Manufacturing is a specialist recruitment consultancy dealing with senior engineering, technical and operational positions in Yorkshire and the surrounding regions. If you match the specified criteria and are interested in discussing the position in more detail, we would love to hear from you.
Please visit our website at (url removed) for more information on:
- Engineering Jobs or Engineering Recruitment
- Manufacturing Jobs or Manufacturing Recruitment