Sensors Engineer – Aircraft Development
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Vertical Aerospace is an exciting new company that’s looking to change how the public views and uses the aviation industry. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We are now looking for a Sensors Engineer to join us and support the integration of a wide range of sensors used to control our new aircraft.
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based bonus structure
- Pension contributions of up to 5% from 1st April
- Rewards system (equates to 4% of annual salary) which can be used for a number of benefits
- Free breakfast, tea, coffee and fruit every day
In this exciting role, you’ll have the opportunity to play a key part in the development of a new aircraft with the potential to transform the aviation industry.
You will join a talented and fresh-thinking team who are striving to deliver performance, ideas and concepts that make a real difference.
We believe that great engineering is about the elegance and efficiency of doing more with less. So, if you want to think outside the box, push the boundaries of what is considered normal and have the freedom to explore and develop your ideas, this is the role for you.
As a Sensors Engineer, you will integrate a variety of sensors to support the control of our aircraft.
Joining a fast-paced design and build environment, you’ll work with suppliers and in-house engineers to ensure we have a robust integrated system in place.
Utilising best practice and an innovative approach, you will:
- Work across disciplines to create specifications for sensors
- Identify and resolve any airframe, system and sensor integration issues
- Help to deliver robust and high-quality design solutions
- Build strong relationships with partners and suppliers of hardware, software and technical services
- Help the Test Team to explore and validate technical solutions when required
To join us as a Sensors Engineer, you will need:
- Significant experience of working with complex sensors
- Experience with small vehicles of novel design and their operational characteristics
- A strong understanding of current sensing technologies
- Knowledge of control design and aircraft flight characteristics
- An understanding of the role of simulation in fast-paced engineering programmes
- A degree level qualification or higher in Engineering, Physics or equivalent
- Fluent English communication skills, both written and verbal
Experience of the following would be beneficial: working in a highly regulated environment, working with multiple types of air vehicle, including rotorcraft/multirotors, direct involvement in flight test programmes, hardware/software development and system integration or MATLAB/Simulink.
The ability to demonstrate a commitment to professional development would also be an advantage.
Other companies may call this role Sensor Control Engineer, Sensors Integration Engineer, Aviation Design Engineer, Aviation Sensors Engineer, Sensors Systems Engineer or Systems Engineer.
The successful candidate will be required to provide proof that they have the right to work in the UK.
Webrecruit and Vertical Aerospace are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Sensors Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency