Business Development Manager
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
To manage and develop the business within the UK and Ireland, working closely with the operation teams and division directors within the region. To build beneficial relationships with existing and new customers.
* Acting as a point of contact for new prospects, responding to inbound inquiries in good time, initial qualification to generate the next step ‘face to face’ meetings and successful outcomes.
* You will have 100% accountability and management of all your sales activity from lead inquiry, negotiation, purchase order reception and hand over of the project to the operation team
* Maintain/update CRM system pipeline currently £1.1 with a 20% success rate to achieve an actual sale revenue of £220K with clear communication and sale activity audit trail
* You will be responsible to identify an additional £1/4M sale by year-end of 2019
* Gain market share information and formulate a sale strategy to grow the customer base.
* Secure new business by negotiating contracts
* Provide sales planning for the designated region, to ensure market potential is achieved and action plans are in place for further profitable growth.
* Bridge the local sales activity and operation activities to ensure efficient and productive relationships on all aspects of sales, engineering support, and customer service.
* Report on sales and company budgeting duties for the region.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
* HND/BEng qualified engineer or experience aligned with proven consultancy/service delivery experience
* In addition, this knowledge needs to be supported by an in-depth understanding of industry/market sector processes.
* Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills, to support customer relationship management principles, ensuring the delivery of high-quality services to customers
* Proven experience of new and existing Business Development, in the industrial services field, with strong sales and negotiation techniques
* Excellent presentation skills with the ability to get on with people at all levels and influence them
* Must have strong organization and planning skills to manage own time effectively, travel arrangement and customer call effectively
* Strong problem-solving and creative skills
* Experience of Customer Relationship Management tools and practices.
* Must be prepared to travel throughout the UK and Ireland
* Excellent communication and IT skills
* Right to work in the UK and Ireland
* Industry legislative, compliance, systems, processes, procedures, culture & behaviors is an essential requirement of the role.
* Proven experience of Management at a senior level.
* You will be required to attend relevant industry or networking events that offer potential presenting and speaking opportunities to draw new organisations into our pipeline
£24k - £28k Annual
£24k - £28k Annual
£25k - £50k Annual
£23k - £30k Annual