Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary – Competitive + Shift Allowance + Benefits
Due to the continued growth, Biffa are looking for experienced and responsible LGV technicians/mechanics to join our growing business. As an LGV/HGV Technician at Biffa Waste Services you will be part of the team maintaining our fleet of modern waste collection LGV/HGV vehicles in our workshops.
The role requires maintenance and repair of waste collection vehicles and equipment consisting of various makes, models and types, ranging from car derived vans to artic units and trailers.
Biffa is the leading nationwide integrated waste management business providing collection, treatment, recycling and technologically-driven energy generation services. Through the expertise of our people and investment in technology we promote and deliver sustainable waste management solutions.
We have been awarded the British Council 5 Star Safety Award in recognition of our safety standards which reflects the good working conditions we operate in as well as supply all required PPE. So if you are a team player, who offers a flexible work approach and a passion for providing excellent service to our customers, we would be happy to hear from you.
Main Duties include assisting with the below:
* Maintenance and repair of waste collection vehicles to meet current legislations, health & safety and DVSA standards.
* Maintain a high standard of housekeeping across all sections of OHSAS18001 accredited workshop.
* Carry out scheduled inspections and services to ensure compliance with the company's operator license and DVSA regulations.
* Complete service and repair documentation and any other maintenance documentation in accordance with company standards and legal requirements.
* Repair and maintenance of hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic systems.
* Fault diagnosis and rectification of defects including hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical.
In return you will get:
* A competitive hourly rate plus regular overtime at an enhanced rate and shift premiums
* Training and development is integral and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression
* Generous benefits package, which includes a Pension Scheme, life Insurance, childcare vouchers, discounts on major retail outlets but to name a few
* Flexible work patterns.
* Flexibility around when 29 days holidays (incl bank holidays) can be taken
* Want to be part of this fantastic company who values your safety? What are you waiting for!?
Here at Biffa, we have a friendly, open, honest culture that’s based on mutual trust and respect. Safety is our number one priority and we look out for each other.
We’re very proud of what we do and are continually striving to be better. We listen to our employees and we care about what our employees think. At Biffa, we encourage our people to take responsibility. You’ll have a real opportunity to make a positive contribution to our business, our customers and to the communities in which we operate.
We’re committed to helping our people fulfil their potential. You’ll find many exciting opportunities and challenges with us and people are rewarded fairly for their efforts, recognising the valuable contribution that everyone makes to our business.
Biffa – Valuing Difference:
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Biffa is therefore committed to promoting equality and diversity in all areas and places great importance on ensuring it is a diverse and fulfilling place to work
£15 - £18 Hourly
£24k - £34k Annual
£32k - £33k Annual
£37k - £40k Annual