Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Christchurch, Dorset
Hours: 37.5 hours, 09:00 – 17:30 hours, Monday – Friday with a 60 minute unpaid break plus rota on call (1 in 2 weeks at the moment but will be 1 in 3 week eventually) and overtime as requested by the need of the business
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced ICT Manager to join our client’s busy IT department based in Christchurch.
The ICT Manager will lead a team that designs, implements and supports the company’s internal business and customer facing software and hardware infrastructure.
In this role you will need to ensure that the services provided deliver any Service Level Agreement (SLA) that is in place. This includes receiving, prioritising, documenting and actively resolving end-user help requests using ITIL based methodologies and the incident tracking software designated by the company.
You will be accountable for all aspects of the day to day running of the ICT infrastructure including High Availability, performance, capacity planning, maintenance, receiving and responding to alerts, systems backup and restore, staff scheduling, management and development of the infrastructure team.
As the technical expert, you will ensure that the ICT team follows ITIL best practices, and will plan and project manage and execute and, working with project managers, implement future ICT projects. This is a technical management role whereby you will be expected to resolve issues themselves as well as manage other team members to ensure that SLAs are met.
As ICT Manager, you will take responsibility for providing support to the end users and back office systems, as well as managing the helpdesk team. You must have proven experience in VMWare, VEEAM, Active Directory, Exchange, IIS, SQL Server, advanced networking and Hardware Support, as well as excellent communication and customer facing skills in order to support both locally based and remote end users.
* Provide 3rd Line Support and maintain the corporate software systems, ensuring that immediate action is taken to fix system failures, as well as ensuring that the applications are kept to their highest patch/release version.
* Administration of VMware 5.x, VEEAM, AD, WSUS, Group Policy, Exchange 2010, ESET AV, Deslock encryption and SonicWALL Firewalls.
* Maintain and support Always On Architecture.
* Maintain the telephone system, managing hunt groups, upgrades and replacement handsets, call recording.
* Ensuring daily/weekly/monthly OnTime tasks are actioned.
* Provide Support to the IT Director for projects and implementations and test new software and evaluate its benefits.
* Ensure that the Asset Database is current and maintained. All ICT assets must be documented into the Database.
* Resolve live incidents and features to ensure clients receive the highest levels of service, and respond to system alerts.
* Documenting and maintaining procedures.
* Ensure coverage of servers and client devices with Antivirus.
* Ensuring monthly server and client patching is completed.
* Manage team for 1st/2nd /Line Support to end users based in Christchurch, Ireland, Japan and the USA, as well as several home users.
* Ensure support contracts are maintained.
* Contribute to the recruitment process through the review of candidate CVs and participation in interviews.
* Act as an appraiser in the company appraisal process by preparing for and conducting appraisals and setting objectives.
* Be the line manager for one or more ICT team members acting as a mentor and organising their day to day workload.
* At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
* Detailed knowledge of High Availability Groups and clustering
* Microsoft SQL server clusters
* 3rd line support and Maintenance of Windows servers
* Exchange Administration
* IIS Administration
* AD/DNS/GPO Administration
* Advanced networking (VLAN’s, PVID’s, routing etc.)
* SQL Server basic administration
* VMware 5.x or above
* A self-starter, driven person who will take ownership of assigned tasks and drive to completion
* Must hold a driver’s license and have access to a car
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* EMC SAN Experience
* Information Security
* LEM/SIEM configuration and alerting
* LINUX support
* SQL Server DBA
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
By applying for the role, you agree that Fresh Recruits may contact you under GDPR Article 6(1)(b) in connection with your application by email and/or telephone and you consent to receiving information by email and/or telephone in relation to Fresh Recruits providing you with work finding services, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our Data Protection, Privacy Notice and Full Equal Opportunities policies can be viewed here: https://(url removed)/privacy-policy
£50k - £65k Annual
£25.1k - £28.8k Annual
£21k - £21k Annual
£50k - £65k Annual
£8 - £9 Annual