Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
£55k - £65k per annum + benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a UK leader in Dynamic Ad Insertion technology software. Based in Staines-upon-Thames, you will be joining a well established team as they continue their growth and expansion into the digital media market, working on real time technology which allows broadcasters to replace broadcast ads in a live stream on a user-centric basis.
The ideal candidate would have good experience developing in various common programming and scripting languages used within the mobile and web ecosystems, and are not afraid to pick up and learn new languages when required. Flexibility and willingness to learn are valued over deep knowledge of frameworks.
The successful candidate will initially work on a number of projects outside the realm of their new core streaming platform which is built on Java. This includes their device and web SDKs and the web-based management console for their platform, therefore experience in web and mobile development is highly desirable.
- A solid working knowledge of the HTTP protocol, XML parsing and generation, and web services.
- Exposure to web application frameworks such as (but not limited to) React, Angular, jQuery.
- Demonstrable ability to pick up new languages and become quickly productive.
- Familiarity with one or more mobile development environments -preferably one or both of iOS and Android.
- Familiarity with one or more scripting languages - PHP, Ruby, Python, node.js
- Core software engineering skills (version control, bug tracking, documentation, etc.)
- Experience in working with streaming protocols such as HLS, Smooth Streaming, MPEG-DASH and HDS
- Understanding of x264 or video encoding and packaging
- Experience or awareness of the operation of broadcast systems such as playout automation, scheduling, encoding
More details available upon application