Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Competitive salary plus performance bonus (10% OT, 20% Max) with a range of attractive benefits including 25 days annual leave, generous pension contributions, private medical insurance, and more....
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
Calor is an exciting and inspiring company to work for, where investment in our people's skills and knowledge is integral to our success. We ensure a supportive and inclusive working environment which is underpinned by our culture of expertise, safety and trust. These things allow us to lead the way in terms of sustainability, innovation and personal development.
As the lead supplier in the UK LPG market, things rarely stand still for us. From humble beginnings, and as part of SHV Energy, Calor has continued to develop and diversify, ensuring that our service offering is expansive, progressive and relevant to our customers. It is our people that enable us to do that, which is why they are the heart of our business.
Calor Gas is looking to recruit a Process Engineer to join our team at Canvey Island. You will apply and extend specialist technical knowledge to deliver improvements for the business goals of safety, reliability, productivity, efficiency and sustainability by solving engineering problems, conducting critical engineering tasks and the analysis and optimisation of plant processes.
You’ll develop and maintain the process design for our Canvey Island terminal to ensure a strong basis of safety. As a proactive and driven engineer, you will monitor and analyse plant performance to identify improvement opportunities and translate gaps into projects or improved operations procedures.
Key responsibilities will include:
Develop and apply engineering expertise to manage change and improve business performance
* Provide specialist engineering knowledge to our Terminal operation
* Employ a sound theoretical approach to enable the introduction and exploitation of engineering technology to enhance Terminal performance
* Apply regulations, standards, guidance, and develop Calor specifications and Operating Instructions
* Coach and mentor team members
Proactively solve engineering problems using theoretical and practical methods
* Engage with Plant Management and Operators to understand current challenges and provide engineering and technical support
* Select and develop appropriate tools to analyse engineering problems and develop solutions
* Liaise effectively with National Engineering to ensure appropriate resources are deployed
Provide technical and commercial leadership to process development
* Analyse activities to identify process improvement opportunities
* Analyse design proposals and existing installations to identify hazards and appropriate control measures to reduce process risk to ALARP standards
* Develop scope and specification for projects, ensuring key stakeholders are engaged so that the proposed solutions satisfy the business case
* Write standards and procedures to ensure consistently safe and efficient process execution
Demonstrate personal commitment to professional standards recognising obligations to the company, society, and the environment
* Apply appropriate hazard identification and risk management systems
* Apply and improve safe systems of work
* Develop detailed technical specifications and procedures
* Undertake projects in a way that contributes to sustainable development
* Carry out and record Continuous Professional Development
* Develop, review, and approve task Method Statements and Risk Assessments
As such we would like you to:
* Be educated to degree/masters level in a relevant engineering discipline. Chartered Engineer experience is preferable
* Have previous experience with a high hazard process plant, knowledge of process safety, and COMAH regulations
* Knowledge of safety analysis techniques – HAZOP, LOPE, etc.
* Experience within the gas industry, industrial gases, and cryogenics is preferable
* Strong knowledge of engineering principles & safety management systems
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation