Applications Sales Engineer
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
* Basic salary; £35,000 – £45,000 + excellent benefits
* World-leading manufacturer of HVAC and intelligent fluid flow products, systems and services supplied to the built environment
* Location: Manchester
This is a fantastic opportunity with a world-leading manufacturer of HVAC and intelligent fluid flow products, systems and services supplied to the built environment. Recent investment and the development of market-leading products has created the need to appoint an experienced Applications Engineer to join the team based in Manchester.
With a worldwide footprint, operating multiple manufacturing facilities on three continents, the client is known around the world as a leader and innovator in design, engineering and manufacturing. Supplying fluid management technology and services into fully integrated building energy solutions, they offer world-leading performance through excellence in design, build and operating flexibility producing the lowest project and operating risks, as well as lowest installed and life cost.
As the Applications Sales Engineer, you’ll form part of the existing internal team and regional centre for sales enablement functions. You’ll work closely with the UK Sales Management team and will be an integral part of the team. You’ll become the primary technical resource for the field sales force, including responsibility for actively driving and managing the evaluation stages, adherence to sales process including tender consulting and compliance.
In addition to annual initiatives, the key accountabilities of this position are:
* Establish and maintain strong relationships with both clients and colleagues
* Evaluation of customer inquiries, scrutiny of P&I drawings, to evaluate design and application intent, determine the best product solutions to optimise efficiency using products/solutions.
* Select the appropriate product (s) and ensure quotation (s) are prepared and checked utilising company product selection tools. Ensure all supporting documentation, value articulation information and quotation package etc. is of the desired quality as identified by the business.
* Aid in the achievement of department key business metrics/KPI’s, to meet business objectives and follow our core value propositions.
* Undertake possible site/client visit’s in conjunction with the Sales Lead. to ensure the message is articulated and understood by our client base as well as integrated into their own specifications and schedules
* Work closely with sales management & field sales to ensure early engagement and design/applications dialogue at key points of influence in the customer buying process, as per the Sales process and best practice.
* Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Provide design and specification development support to consultants, integrators, and distributors.
* Lead complex project opportunities, as designated & agreed with UK sales leadership, participate in customer dialogue as part of solution development, tender clarification process, benefit articulation & ultimately assisting in securing business.
* Participate in the production of the strategic planning (SOMA) sheet on selected jobs, working closely with the sales managers to help achieve close out of key orders.
* Maintain an Expert Level of Product Knowledge and Applications within the HVAC arena
* Participate in regional and national sales meetings and assist in the compilation and review of sales forecasts, strategic initiatives (e.g. CPD’s), assist in developing Key Account Customers.
* Qualification within Building Services/Mechanical Engineering (Degree Preferred)
* High degree of fluency in P&I drawings in mechanical / HVAC applications
* Technical product knowledge of the company’s current product range.
* Previous experience in an application engineer role (internal) an internal sales or customer orientated technical team would be expected
* Knowledge and understanding Fluid Dynamics, Heat transfer and HVAC applications are essential
* Experience of working within a Consultant based industry – HVAC arena will be advantageous
* The ability to collate and analyse relevant data & statistics (data/analysis manipulation – MS advanced level)
* The ability to write reports/complete paperwork accurately and legibly.
* Initiative, self-motivation and commitment to achieving high standards of quality and efficiency.
* Business systems knowledge – Configuration software / CRM – advantageous
This role would ideally suit somebody from a Technical Sales role background who has experience in HVAC systems (particularly hydronic and or pump’s) and is looking for a new challenge.
The applicant will not only need customer-facing sales skills but also be technically competent within the HVAC area. Communication with high-level consultants and engineers will be required where specific engineering and technical value will need to be identified and articulated along with price, the ideal candidate would be able to blend these two pillars to create proposals based on the overall value of the product offering
Travel within the UK may be required on an ad hoc basis (customer visits, key account management, sales meetings etc) and occasional global visits may be required from time to time.
Please click on the apply button or contact Matthew Buchanan at Mercury Hampton directly. We aim to respond to all successful applicants within 48 hours, however, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application