Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
The company is a London based Lloyd’s insurance broker specialising in financial lines insurance. The role is account handling based and is within the Non-Financial/ Construction & Miscellaneous renewals team focussing on professional indemnity insurance, but including general liabilities, commercial combined and cyber insurance coverages. It is on a wholesale basis as opposed to retail so will be dealing with submissions from brokers around the country and placing with insurers on their behalf.
The role will also include placement of Australian financial lines business including management liability for both financial and non-financial companies. This role will be a key contributor in the growth of this part of the business.
* Effectively manage a allocated renewals book of business
* Liaising with brokers to ensure presentation is accurate and clear
* Negotiating terms with insurers and ensuring covers correct
* Presentation of terms to brokers including associated reasoning
* Providing advice when needed on insurance products
* Assisting with and placing new business on behalf of clients
* Achieving set renewal targets individually and within the team
* Reviewing Australian book to assess opportunity
* Associated administration encountered in any of the above.
* Service Orientation– Actively looking for ways to help our clients and ensure they are kept informed throughout
Results Orientation – Driven to achieve goals set personally and by management in the interests of the team and company
* Building Collaborative Relationships – Being able to develop, maintain and strengthen partnerships with various parties
Attention to detail – ensuring relevant covers afforded but also achieving accurate documentation and processing
* Time Management – managing one’s owns time and book of business and making effective decisions under pressure
Effective Written and Oral Communication – Being able to express oneself clearly in written and verbal form
* Teamwork – ability and desire to work cooperatively with others.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Previous experience of account handling in insurance (preferably at least five years)
* Customer service/facing role previously undertaken
* Knowledge of Australian insurance market
* CII/Insurance qualification or willingness to gain qualifications
* Maintaining continuing professional development as required by role / professional memberships (CII/other professional qualification); keeping up to date with regulatory requirements as relevant
* Excellent level of literacy and numeracy
* Excellent competency with the Microsoft Office Suite
* Integrated Broking System (IBS) knowledge is desirable.
Please ensure that all applications are submitted before midnight on Friday 2nd August 2019
£19.6 - £19.6 Hourly
£32k - £38k Annual
£21k - £24k Annual
£30k - £100k Annual
£40k - £40k Annual
£17k - £19k Annual
£50k - £100k Annual
£25k - £40k Annual
£50k - £100k Annual
£17k - £26k Annual