Motor Claims Engineer
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary £27,000 - £33,000 per annum
Our Client is now an industry renowned specialist in the Commercial Vehicle Accident and Repair Management Industry. They pride themselves in providing market leading solutions for blue chip corporate fleets, insurers, brokers and third-party claim administrators.
This is a great time to join the company who have experienced impressive growth since they were established.
As a member of the internal desk-based engineering team you will be responsible conducting desktop inspections in a timely manner which is specific to the requirements of the client. You will validate and justify all estimated costs are fair, reasonable and related to the incident in question.
Preferred Experience / Qualifications
* ATA/VDA, IMI or IAEA
* HGV (Heavy Goods Vehicle) is desirable but not essential
* Please note: Salary is dependent on experience although we would be prepared to increase for HGV experience.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Desktop Inspections
* Check all estimated costs are fair and reasonable.
* Validate decision on parts repair or replace
* Check incident circumstances against work estimated for to see if the damage could be related to the incident.
* Check estimates are with in customer specific rates
* Negotiate with repairers in order to reduce inflated costs.
* Correctly value vehicles for total losses.
* Set and estimate approximate repair times
* Produce appropriate engineering reports
What my client is looking for:
* Computer literacy is important but so is customer interaction; you must be able to liaise and communicate effectively with a wide range customers and clients.
* Motor engineering and body shop experience.
* Experience of working with a large range of vehicles.
* Ability to work using your own initiative.
* Effective communicator who can liaise with all parties at any level.
* An understanding of Motor Claims Handling.
* A proactive decision maker who can solve complex problems with practical solutions