Senior Mechanical Building Services Engineer
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Location: Manchester City Centre
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000
Job Ref: 10572
A specialist engineering consultant within the built environment with a global reach across multiple disciplines is seeking a Senior Mechanical Building Services Engineer to work within the MEP team in Manchester City Centre. This household name within the construction spheres is working on some major projects in Manchester and they need a capable and experienced Senior who can lead projects Mechanically and nurture junior engineers in the Manchester office.
My client are currently working with, amongst others, three Premier League football clubs and the University of Manchester, in addition to working on a variety of healthcare and transport hub projects. The role will be challenging, demanding, varied, and offer opportunities for skill set and career development.
The candidate will be self-motivated and capable of delivering high quality designs with the minimum of supervision, to time and budget. As part of a wider practice network the Manchester team has developed a reputation for work winning, successful project delivery and technical excellence. We want to recruit a candidate who will help build client relationships through excellent project delivery and communication skills to help in generation of more work from existing clients.
The key elements of the Senior Mechanical Building Services Engineer role are (but not limited to);
* Managing the delivery of assigned Building Services Engineering projects.
* Working and liaising with associated engineering disciplines as part of delivering projects.
* Managing external stakeholders, ensuring client satisfaction and pursuing and promoting opportunities with potential and established clients.
* Management of internal stakeholders.
* Carrying out design and calculation work using relevant industry software (i.e. IES, Revit, Hevacomp) and supervise the work of other engineers.
* Developing, maintaining and monitoring programmes for scheduling and reporting on deliverables across specific projects.
* Maximising profitability of projects, monitoring against budget, reacting and anticipating potential problems and communicating in line with client expectations.
* Demonstrating technical expertise, providing in depth knowledge and leadership whilst proactively coaching and developing more junior team members.
If this opportunity is of interest, please contact Rob Jones at Calibre Search Manchester.
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business