Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
A Tooling Engineer is required for an established and successful Tier 1 manufacturer to support the UK’s manufacturing processes and New Product Introductions. To achieve world class levels of operational efficiency, product quality and lowest piece part manufacturing cost.
Ideal location – Reading, Newbury, Thatcham, Highclere, Burghclere, Didcot, Hungerford, Basingstoke
Excellent Basic Salary + Bonus + Benefits
Our client is an established leading Manufacturer of Engineered products. As part of a global group they have a brand leading portfolio and a reputation built on excellent product development and service levels.
To assist with their continued growth they now require a Tooling Engineer to enhance the manufacturing team.
* The purpose of the Tooling Engineer role is the design, improvement and control of tools, jigs & fixtures to support the manufacturing processes and New Product Introductions.
* Achieve world class levels of operational efficiency, product quality and lowest piece part manufacturing cost.
* Daily involvement with manufacturing to support customer requirements regarding delivery, quality and efficiency.
* Pro-active involvement in New Product Introduction, advising on and designing / implementing tooling to support lean manufacturing systems including error proof detection and measurement methods.
* Project management / participation in internal process improvements including Kaizen and cost reduction.
* Preparation of tool, jig and fixture designs to satisfactorily meet product, machinery and tooling requirement specifications for internal / external manufacture and build.
* HNC Qualified in Mechanical / Production based subject.
* Experience working within a heavy manufacturing
* Pro Engineer, Creo design software literate.
* Problem solving skills – 6 sigma, 8D, 3 x 5Why, Ishakowa, Fish bone diagram, Design of Experiments.
* Tooling Design
* Driving Licence (Preferably clean)
Apply in Confidence
Should you wish to be considered for the above role of Tooling Engineer, please apply via forwarding your CV in the first instance to Jenny Harris, Glen Callum Associates Ltd.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF: 3250JH
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike