Supply Chain Manager
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
If the answer is yes this could be an ideal opportunity for you. The successful applicant will join our client's thriving lift & escalator division in a management role where you will be responsible for a buyer and the supply chain.
* Proven experience in a supply chain management role is essential
* Experience in SAP or an equivalent business management and stock control system
* IT Literate and competent user of Microsoft packages (Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
* The successful applicant will need to be self-motivated, driven, methodical, numerate, organised, punctual, assertive, professional, personable, numerate and resourceful.
* Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
* Analytical with excellent attention to detail.
* Excellent time management, multitasking skills and ability to meet deadlines set.
* Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative.
* Excellent business sense, commercial awareness and negotiation skills.
* Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team.
* £45-55k starting salary DoE
* Annual Bonus package - to be discussed at final interview
* Company car or allowance
* Company pension scheme plus other excellent, flexible benefits
* Manage supply chain ensuring stock levels are maintained
* Ensure suppliers orders are produced to cost, design, and quality controls and delivered on time.
* Co-ordinate with the factory to ensure orders are assembled efficiently, too schedule and required standards.
* Work with sales team on scheduling of production of stock and bespoke projects to ensure timely deliveries.
* Analysis costs to ensure profit margins are maintained.
* Process all new suppliers, assemblies, purchase orders and deliveries into the business management system.
* Keep business management system updated with all stock control and process requirements.
* Analysis sales to adjust minimum stock holding.
* Work with design team on new and existing products to ensure cost, quality and production controls are in place.
* National travel will be required minimum 2 days on weekly basis to factory and suppliers.
* International travel may be required.
* Understand and comply with all relevant company policies.
* Advanced scheduling and project management skills for planning complex product delivery.
* 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably with a background in bespoke products for construction.
* A pragmatic, can do attitude who quickly finds solutions.
* Experience in managing a diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
* An understanding of materials, production and assembly processes.
* Must be approachable and not afraid to meet new people.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer