Service Desk Team Leader - Birmingham - £28kpa
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Link2ICT has over 150 staff providing services to over 1,000 schools across the country, including all aspects of technical services, professional services and software development. Link2ICT occupies a niche in the ICT market, specialising in the deployment and usage of end to end ICT solutions within educational environments, covering learners of all ages from nursery through to adult education. Our aspiration is to use ICT to improve the achievement of all learners.
The Service Desk Team Lead role will manage the day to day operations of the Link2ICT Service Desk to ensure that SLA is achieved and that the customer service is of a high standard. Good communication skills, self-motivation and a flexible approach to tasks are required along with the ability to work well under pressure.
IT Service Desk Team Leader Key Responsibilities and Service Level Duties:
· Manage the day to day operations of the Link2ICT Service Desk to ensure that SLA is achieved and that the customer service is of a high standard.
· Undertake service desk staff 1-2-1’s and performance reviews on a regular basis.
· Ensure service desk staff complete all mandatory training.
· Provide an effective point of escalation for direct reports and customers where appropriate.
· Ensure call quality by monitoring team performance and acting on quality check reports.
· Maintain resource levels and rota to ensure the service is appropriately staffed at all times between 08:00 and 17:00 Monday to Thursday and 08:00 to 16:15 on Fridays.
· Set objectives and undertake regular reviews with staff to deliver performance targets as appropriate.
· Be prepared to contribute to taking 1st Line calls during busy periods and ensure the Service Desk is adequately resourced during known busy periods of the year through planning ahead.
· Manage the call queues to ensure open calls are being progressed by the team and escalate calls that are about to breach to the assignment groups respective team leader.
· Ensure emails to the Service Desk are being processed.
· Communicate effectively and apply customer care principles.
· React to major incidents, ensuring maximum resources are used to take calls, and use automated phone messages to help take the pressure off incoming calls.
· Work with other teams and departments internal and external to Capita to ensure calls are being progressed.
· Gather data and information for the preparation of recommendations, reports and proposals.
· Contribute to the production of standards and procedures including the identification of any service improvements to improve team performance.
· Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of appropriate information systems, operating systems/applications, technical issues and standards/procedures.
· Have a positive attitude to work, using own initiative.
· Maintain and use systems (including Service Now and it’s built in knowledge base) to enable effective service delivery.
· To operate in accordance to standards and procedures within the service area.
· To support the implementation of ITIL best practice.
· To be responsive to the changing needs of the Service.
IT Service Desk Team Leader Package
· 33 Days Holiday (Including Bank Holidays)
· Remote Working
· Travel Expenses
· Childcare Vouchers
· Cycle to Work
· Medical Cash Plan, Dental Plan
· Additional Life Assurance, Spouse / Partner Assurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Group Income Protection
· Discounted Dining Card
· Vehicle Breakdown Cover
· Gym Discounts
IT Service Desk Team Leader
If you are looking to join a brand-new team with exciting prospects and an actual career with progression, this could be for you! Send over your CV for immediate consideration.
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
£40k - £45k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual