Electrical CAD Engineer
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
We are looking for a Electrical CAD Engineer to work for our world wide raw material business in Shotton. The position exists to Engineers with a supporting design and drawing resource to prepare engineering drawings including all relevant design codes and practices. The pay for this position is £20.55 on a 36.5 hour week and with 35 days holiday.
* Development of the detailed design and engineering requirements from initial concepts, calculations and ideas into an engineering drawing format in conjunction with a £6.3 million capex project.
* Prepares detailed schedule of materials components and assembly information to support engineering drawings.
* Ensures that design for safety is included in the development or modification to an item of plant or
* Maintain the Tata Steel Shotton drawing database to ensure easy access to drawings to reduce
* plant downtime.
* Ensure all contractors or equipment suppliers drawings are supplied as per Tata Steel Shotton
* SMES002 drawing office standard. All drawings are to be correctly located as per production lines
* functional locations. This will enable the end user to have quicker access.
VISION & CONTEXT
* This position provides project engineers and plant engineers with a dedicated resource to develop the detail necessary to prepare designs and specifications for capital schemes, plant improvements and design out schemes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
The jobholder should have a professional qualification in the electrical engineering discipline.
Literacy in terms of computer systems and software applicable to CAD equipment is a necessary
Comprehensive knowledge of :
* Eplan Electric P8 (Version 2.7/2.8)
* Autocad Electrical ( version 2018)
* Microsoft Office 365
The Job holder should be able to create electrical schematics to IEC standards utilising the preferred
Eplan P8 software package.
* There will be a need to modify existing scanned drawings electronically.
* Have a knowledge of electrical standards for machinery design
* Be able to undertake plant based wiring surveys to produce the necessary electrical drawings,
* preferably utilising the Eplan P8 package.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business
£20.5 - £23 Hourly
£37k - £41.5k Annual
£37k - £41.5k Annual