Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Willcox Matthews are currently representing one of our clients in their search for an EDM Operator who can setup, operate and troubleshoot EDM machines.
The Role & Responsibilities:
* Load moulds into EDM machines and process jobs as scheduled on the intranet database.
* Inspect moulds for accuracy of fit and finish. Provide feedback to Milling Team Leader on issues.
* Enter operational data regarding EDM status of moulds into intranet.
* Adhere to and support all quality and safety standards within the department.
* Carry out basic maintenance of machines or report machine issues through the maintenance system.
* Clean and maintain the EDM machines (filter inspection and replacement, inspect and replenish di-electric fluid levels as needed).
* Support machine engineer visits and introduction of new equipment in the area.
* Maintain clean and organized work area with emphasis on safety, quality, efficiency, and utilization.
* Continually seek to improve work processes and individual performance.
* Adhere to all company policies and operational procedures.
* Perform additional tasks as assigned.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
* Experience in setting and operating EDM machines an advantage but not essential.
* Good organisational skill
Aptitude / Competencies/ Qualifications:
* Able to use chemicals in accordance with safety standards
* Able to communicate clearly with a wide variety of people – verbal and written
* Must be computer literate
* Strong attention to detail
* Physical job requirements reaching, bending, and grasping, have good vision
* Able to use measuring instruments such as scales, callipers, dial indicators.
* Able to work safely with sharp and heavy objects.
* Able to read and write in English and do basic arithmetic.
* Able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
* Must be punctual and have good attendance.
* Able to comprehend and follow printed and computer-screen instructions, and direction from supervisors or technical leads