Senior Data Scientist - Leading AI/ML Research
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
£60,000 - £80,000 + fantastic benefits package including flexible working, unlimited holiday scheme, generous pension, share scheme/equity opportunities and more.
London - Central
Are you looking for the ultimate data science position which gives you the opportunity to work on cutting edge, bespoke and flagship data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence projects?
We are recruiting for a well-known and highly regarded organisation in the field of research-grade, enterprise wide machine learning, artificial intelligence and data science software and platforms. Their research labs are at the forefront of machine learning and computer science working with Harvard, UCL and other leading universities to push the endless possibilities of AI, ML and DS. They have also developed a world-leading platform, giving you access to some of the most sophisticated and powerful computational resources available.
As a senior data scientist you will lead project teams that deliver bespoke algorithms, data science products, machine learning capabilities and artificial intelligence use cases to clients. You will be responsible for conceiving the data science approach, for designing the associated software architecture, and for ensuring that best practices are followed throughout. You will directly contribute to the code base and of the project with a specific focus on the components that are difficult or require experience to implement.
You will play an important role in the development of others by acting as the designated mentor of junior data scientists, and by supporting the professional growth of data scientists on the project team. The latter includes giving targeted support where needed, and providing step-up opportunities where helpful.
You will actively contribute to the growth of the company reputation in Data science communities through thought leadership, including contributing to large-scale open-source projects.
* Vast experience in either a professional data science position or a quantitative academic field
* Prior research experience (PhD or Postdoc) as evidenced by academic publications and conference talks
* Strong programming skills as evidenced by earlier work in data science or software engineering. (e.g. Python, R, C, MATLAB)
* An excellent command of the basic libraries for data science (e.g. NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-Learn) and familiarity with a deep-learning framework (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe)
* A high level of mathematical competence and proficiency in statistics
* A solid grasp of essentially all of the standard data science techniques, for example, supervised/unsupervised machine learning, model cross validation, Bayesian inference, time-series analysis, simple NLP, effective SQL database querying, or using/writing simple APIs for models.
* We regard the ability to develop new algorithms when an innovative solution is needed as a fundamental skill
* A leadership mindset focussed on growing the technical capabilities of the team
* An appreciation for the scientific method as applied to the commercial world
* Commercial experience, particularly if this involved client-facing work or project management; eagerness to work alongside our clients; business awareness and an ability to gauge the commercial value of projects; outstanding written and verbal communication skills; persuasiveness when presenting to a large or important audience
In addition to the above, we’d love it if you had:
Some knowledge of:
* Probabilistic programming languages such as Stan, PyMC3, Edward or Greta
* Distributed-computing frameworks such as Spark and Dask
* Utilities for the creation of web apps such as Flask, Dash and React.js
* Contributions to open-source projects
* Experience leading a team of data scientists (to deliver innovative work according to a strict timeline)
To ensure you don't miss out, please apply as soon as possible by submiting your CV to Michael Tyrrell - The Data Science Recruiter at Harvey Nash, Data & Analytics Practice