Senior Traffic Signals Design Engineer
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
4way is a unique Small Medium Enterprise (SME) specialising in Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) in both the strategic and urban road sectors. Ranked the 6th top company in ITS in the 2017 CIHT Consultants Directory, we are now seeking to propel 4way to new heights.
Since our inception in 2010 we have grown in a sustainable manner through high volumes of repeat business and new project work, won on the strength of our reputation for delivering high quality in the most demanding of environments.
Our range of services includes ITS infrastructure design, ITS operational consultancy, road lighting consultancy and design, traffic signals consultancy and design, smart motorways and expressway development, smart cities consultancy and design, technology implementation, management and commissioning, business strategy, feasibility studies and value management.
Role - Senior Traffic Signals Engineer
You will act as a technical leader with responsibility for ensuring the highest levels of quality in your project deliverables.
Requirements & Skills
* Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline, with 5 years’ relevant experience, or HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering with 8 years’ relevant experience.
* CEng desirable.
* Excellent working knowledge of the traffic signals industry.
* Demonstrable working knowledge of relevant design standards, best practice guidance and legislation.
* MOVA and SCOOT design (validation experience desirable).
* UTC database experience an advantage.
* Competent in the use of CAD and traffic signals design software such as LinSig / TRANSYT.
* Applied experience of CDM 2015, health & safety management, quality and environmental standards.
* Good knowledge of Conditions of Contracts and project management processes (PRINCE 2 desirable).
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
As the only SME in the ITS sector, 4way career opportunities stand out from the crowd. We challenge our people to push technical boundaries every day, to improve value for our clients and exceed their expectations. We continually invest in professional development, encourage the entrepreneurial spirit of our people and offer a competitive salary and benefits package