Channel Account Manager – IT Vendor – Manchester
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
About The Company
This company is disrupting the world of data management. Data is growing exponentially and it’s on the move. Whether your data is on-premise, hybrid or in the cloud, our pioneering InstantData, provides on-demand access, allowing you to stream data in real-time to any device, making downtime a thing of the past.
Backup, Recovery and Archiving can be managed through a single web-based control centre, empowering IT departments whilst reducing costs, simplifying deployment and billing, improving security and compliance and providing borderless visibility of your entire data estate.
This means expensive Disaster Recovery solutions become a thing of the past, and their search and insight tools enable organisations to search and action the entirety of their data as well as monitor their usage through a single view, at any time, on any device.
As a private equity backed UK-based software vendor, with growing global operations, we operate in a fantastic, fast growing market. This is a wonderful and exciting opportunity for a high-achieving, highly motivated and results orientated professional who wants to invest their time driving significant growth in the UK market.
As a Channel first organisation, the primary purpose of this role is to generate new business opportunities within both existing and new Channel Partners addressing the mid-market and Enterprise markets across all sectors.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
* Projection and execution of sales revenue, channel sales profitability and new customer acquisition goals
* Develop channel sales plans that are agreed with the Channel Partner including strategies for building/maintaining an accurate sales pipeline and moving opportunities through the sales cycle
* Effective and accurate sales forecasts for each of the channel partners
* Work closely with marketing to develop and execute lead generation initiates
* Work closely with the sales team, leading the day-to-day channel sales activities. You will be expected to work closely with the sales team – encouraging them to drive additional sales into existing partners, whilst finding new reseller clients.
* Monitor customer, market and competitor activities and provide feedback to marketing
* Identify and develop up-sell/cross-sell opportunities of other services into existing/new accounts within the channel
* Maintain an active, intimate relationship with the Channel at all levels and gain a full understanding of their business, including back-office processes, sales and marketing plans and internal support mechanisms
* Ensure that the business is represented at all levels to new customers and that our objectives, brand, product set and value proposition business is accurately represented in the market
* Record data about existing and potential clients within the data capture systems accurately – specifically CRM
* Ensure timely communication with prospects and clients to ensure a high opportunity conversion rate.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications
* A professional, accountable, hands-on self-starter able to act on own initiative with drive and determination
* Results driven with a track record of retaining business and nurturing growth within key accounts
* Track record of meeting monthly goals
* Strong interpersonal skills to quickly develop internal and external working relationships
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Confident, tact and a persuasive manner
* Good spoken and written communication skills
* Good organisational and time management skills
* Ability to network effectively within a range of accounts, at all levels, including senior decision makers/stakeholders.
* Ability to identify problems in account base and work with internal teams to resolve
* Ability to quickly ascertain customers’ business objectives/goals and position companies value in contributing to these goals
* A willingness to travel nationally (and occasionally internationally)
Channel Account Manager - IT Vendor - Manchester