Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
I have an excellent opportunity for a Transponder Lead to join a global organisation and lead all aspects of the transponder rollout projects with customers and the in-country partner organisations installation teams to help and guide them in the successful installation and commissioning of AIS transponder products.
Installations will be multi-site and provide a service covering an entire country. You will be expected to travel globally, often for extended periods and at short notice.
AIS Transponder installations onto Fishing and Coast Guard vessels forms a large part of this organisations global projects, where they are integrated into the installed systems. The transponder installations are part of the scope of work of in-country partners, so this role is to liaise closely with those organisations to provide them with the means and training to complete the installations successfully.
• Installing and configuring Maritime Domain Awareness Systems at customer sites.
• Working on site with the customers local engineers to install and commission AIS transponders.
• Collaborating with partners and 3rd party engineers on projects.
• The creation and regular updates to the transponder install end to end process.
• Creating and managing all processes related to the installation of vessel transponders.
• Training the in-country partners and 3rd partner companies on the installation, commissioning, set to work and documentation aspects of the process.
• Performing customer training on Maritime Domain Awareness Systems.
• Quickly become the go-to person for all aspects of the transponder programme and all aspects thereof.
• Extensive travel to customer sites.
• When not 100% loaded on transponder work, the successful candidate will become available to support the engineering team on an ad-hoc basis so experience of working on IT/Networks would be an advantage and a willingness to go outside of normal comfort zone a pre-requisite.
The successful Transponder Lead candidate will possess the following skill, experience and qualities:
• Demonstrative background in Engineering and Project Management or Project Coordination roles where a technical background was needed and organisation skills together with coaching and mentoring of third parties was part of the role.
• Previous experience in performing training and creating course outlines and course material would be of benefit.
• Experience of installing and configuring communication networks.
• Ability to work on site with customers at ‘shop floor’ level, assisting with installation, configuration and providing on-site support as required.
• Willingness to travel anywhere in the world for periods of 2-3 weeks and 2-3-week intervals.
• Will have attention to detail combined with the ability to apply common sense.
• Reliable, energetic and prepared to meet a challenge.
• Able to think outside the box when it comes to resolving issues.
• Accomplished in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
If this Transponder Lead role sounds like a good match to your skillset, then please apply with your CV or send it direct
Transponder Lead // Global Organisation // Cardiff & Middle-East // £45,000 + benefits