IT Airport Engineer - Stansted
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
ESP Global Services are currently recruiting an IT Engineer to join our Airport team based at Stansted Airport. As the Airport Engineer you will provide on-site support for all elements of the passenger journey. This could be anything from check in desks through to the e-passport gates. No two days are the same and you'll have a chance to work across the whole airport on a range of IT support problems.
Who is ESP
ESP is trusted by global organisations to deliver tailored IT support and infrastructure solutions around the world, 24/7. Since the early nineties, we have added value to our customers by listening to their needs and proactively delivering the service they want, wherever in the world that might be. We are head-quartered in Reading, with regional Service Delivery hubs all over the world. Our expertise in aviation means we have staff in all the UK airports, and our expansion into other industries means our customers include many household name brands such as Avis, Marie Curie, Wipro, ATOS & Eurostar. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join the ESP family who display our core values and are therefore approachable, respectful, collaborative, honest and passionate. In return, ESP offers a dynamic environment, a strong sense of fun and a commitment to career progression from within, all of which help us to deliver our internal commitment to ensuring an engaged and fulfilled workforce who, in turn, deliver an outstanding service to our global clients.
What does the role of Airport Engineer involve?
- Carry out regular routine and preventative maintenance as well as "floor-walking" on the range of IT equipment that is used to process passengers within the airport
- Respond to all customer incidents and service requests passed across by the Global Service Desk and work to agreed SLAs
- Maintain a high level of communication at all time with both colleagues and provide timely updates to the Global Service Desk so that progress against each individual incident can be updated as required
- Identify any spares required and advise the Global Service Desk accordingly to ensure that the customer incident can be updated accordingly
What Competencies/ previous experience do you need to have to be considered for the role of Airport Engineer?
- Good knowledge of and experience in Microsoft Desktop software, printer technology, ability to troubleshoot/ resolve network issues
- Previous experience of working "hands on" in IT
- Good knowledge of current Microsoft Windows Desktop Software
- Understanding of network protocols, server hardware and configurations
- Full Driving License
Salary is £17,000 + £2700 shift allowance.
Shifts will be 3 on 3 off covering a 24x7 rotation. (3am - 3pm, 11am - 11pm, 10pm - 10am)
To apply, please send your CV in or click the apply now button