Solidworks Design Engineer – Mechanical Engineering Solutions
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary - TBC - £26k - £30k + Benefits
Location - Shrewsbury
* 44.5 hours, Monday – Friday
* Based in Shrewsbury
* Working within an office environment Responsibilities
* Produce and manipulate 3D CAD (Solidworks) assemblies to meet client requirements.
* Convert assembly designs into professional 2D Solidworks Drawings for customer approval.
* Supply in-house production department with detailed drawings for the final physical assembly.
* Bill of Materials creation and control
* Work alongside project co-ordinators to deliver projects to tight deadline without compromising quality.
* To learn and apply design for manufacture methodology based on the company’s current capabilities
* Designing either to industry best practice or set specifications
* Communicate internally with Technical Sales staff to ensure an efficient and accurate solution is provided first time.
* Carry out hands-on final quality control inspections on all assemblies prior to despatch
* Liaise with customers, water authorities and suppliers, in a professional manner, when required.
* Identify areas for development and provide innovative solutions for continuous improvement
Experience & Knowledge
* 2+ years of Solidworks experience
* Competency in all basic Solidworks Part/Assembly/Drawing features.
* Competency in Microsoft Word and Excel
* Experience of working in a fast paced drawing office/technical department
* Experience in engineering.
* You will also be well organised, IT literate and have an extremely professional approach to your work.
* This role would suit a self-motivated and creative individual. Who shows initiative & a willingness to learn
* Exceptional personal & organisation skills
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are essential
* A strong attention to detail
* A strong team ethic
* Ability to manage own workload, work as a team and individually
If you feel you have the skills and experience that this position requires, then please send your CV or CALL me on (phone number removed) to discuss whether you would be right for this position