Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
The technical writer will ensure that the technical documentation for AWS products are maintained and available in internal and customer-facing formats. The writer will be required to work with product management, the product owner, developers and the Operations team to deliver assigned features.
The technical writer will work directly on a specific engineering team to create solution reference documentation. This includes how-to’s, operational procedures and technical solution documentation for our partner organizations and customers to consume.
- Participate in scrum meetings and demos, and document solutions for both internal and external consumers
- Create documentation that enables the Operations team to deploy and support consumption of the services we produce in Product Engineering
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and documentation requirements
- Interface with feature leads to obtain solution details as required, and understand the solution completely so the resulting written material is extremely precise and accurate
- Follow documentation standards, and help define and drive practices across projects
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional level.
- Degree in Technical Writing, Journalism, Communications or English, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrable technical writing working experience producing software documentation.
- Experience managing and maintaining large sets of technical documentation.
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and being a member of a scrum team.
- Extensive proven work experience in technical writing of software documentation.
- Background in AWS public cloud. Desirable.
- Relevant ongoing education through certifications, formal or self-study.
- Familiarity with UK government regulations and cloud security requirements.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written. Essential.
- The drive to get things done and done correctly. Essential.
- An ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously within a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities. Essential.
- A passion for technology and innovation and providing the right information to users so they can derive the most benefit from our products. Essential.
- The ability to work as part of a global, virtual team. Essential.
- Current UK Security Clearance. Desirable.
- Must be UK resident. Essential