Quality Assurance Officer / Tester
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
You will be responsible for agreeing, maintaining, and reporting on the appropriate levels of quality in all software produced.
You will need to gain a thorough and expert understanding of how my clients products work and it integrates when used on site. You will then use this knowledge to develop continuous testing procedures – automated where possible - to monitor and report on product performance under various load conditions.
You will also be responsible for helping to define test plans as part of the development planning process, and for undertaking feature testing as part of the sprint process. This role will also involve working with the Head of Development to define and implement development processes and standards which drive quality from the outset.
Initially, the role will rely largely on manual testing and sampling, but you will be instrumental in moving towards automating the quality assurance process.
• Carry out daily performance monitoring and produce reports
• Help to write up PBIs, with test plans
• Investigate, set up and maintain regular automated performance and reversion testing using the appropriate tools
• Carry out functional testing as part of the Scrum team
• Visit clients to understand how tools are used on site
• Set up a test workbench which can be configured to recreate key client set ups for performance testing
• Act as quality champion within the Scrum team, ensuring accessibility guidelines and performance are factored into all development
• Help to oversee quality in the release cycle, such as ensuring installers are up to date, checking release notes etc.
• Continually investigate and implement methods for ensuring quality
• Maintain documentation to support the customer experience, including release notes, installation instructions, translation files, etc.
Key Skills Required:
• Degree level education
• Professionalism and attention to details
• High standard of written English
• Self-starter with ability to implement change
• Experience of working in a software environment
• Experience of producing and carrying out test plans