Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
East Midlands based (with travel around the surrounding areas)
- To install and maintain street lighting and highway electrical street lighting equipment.
- Act as Jointers Mate to assist the Jointer in making connections to DNO/IDNO networks.
- The safe use and operation of tools, equipment and vehicles associated with the role up to and including LGV (Cat C) and vehicle mounted lorry loader cranes.
- Excavation and reinstatement in multiple surface types to current NRSWA standards.
- Attending call outs as required which may require participating in a 24 hours standby rota for emergency attendance.
- Holding a relevant authorisation to work on distribution networks.
- Working in a safe manner and in accordance with the Company`s Health, Safety, Environment and Quality policies and procedures.
- Complying with operational working practices, method statements and associated risk assessments.
- Taking full ownership for personal health and safety responsibilities and those working around you or affected by your operations.
- Ensuring correct selection and use of company provided PPE and equipment as required by the relevant risk assessment and method statements relating to each work activity.
What we need from you
- An appropriate NVQ (e.g. C&G 6156) or equivalent qualification in highway excavation and reinstatement.
- Electrical qualification C & G 236 Parts 1 & 2 / 2330 Level 2 & 3.
- Relevant authorisation to carry out service connections to DNO/IDNO networks.
- A current NRSWA qualification (Units 1-9).
- A current full driving licence to drive vehicles up to 7500kg.
- A current and relevant First Aid and Manual Handling certificate.
- A high degree of manual dexterity and ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- A good working knowledge of company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures.
It would be great if you had
- Wide range of knowledge and experience of Highways Lighting installation practice and procedures.
- An appropriate G39 qualification.
- A good understanding of the Highways Lighting business.
- The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- The ability to take a professional, courteous, confident and diplomatic approach to customers at all times.
- A CSCS accreditation via the Highways Electrical Registration Scheme (HERS) is preferred