Strategic And Business Development Manager
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
The Business Development Manager directs the business development activities of the organisation and drives the new sales business for the company playing key role in the company's bottom line.
* Responsible for the overall management of all strategic and operational marketing and Client Relationship activities
* Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate development ideas
* Take ownership of the management of the sales and marketing functions of the business
* Working with all members of the team to drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the Company`s ambitious growth objectives
* Planning and coordinating the implementation of business plans and the penetration of new markets
* Overseeing the day to day management of the business development team
* Devising strategies for driving sales growth across the business
* Analysing existing approaches to the development of business and making changes where appropriate
* Implementing new business initiatives across the new business and sales teams
* Working closely with members of the team to generate new business within large accounts
* Identifying sales opportunities as a result of market changes
* Setting up meetings with prospective customers to sell the company's services
* Acting as a key contact for large customer accounts
* Forming strategic partnerships with other companies to leverage their existing networks
* Working with the marketing team to devise marketing materials and tools to support new business teams
* Ensure (together with commercial team) that all business arrangements are contractually robust and in line with overall group policies.
Other Tasks / General:
* Ensure a good understanding of other areas of the business and wider group capabilities
* Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures and lead by example to help to promote a strong SHEQ culture within the business.
* Undertake any other duties of a reasonable nature as required
Qualifications, Behaviours, Languages and Experience:
* Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions
* Must have experience of working in a business focused environment
* Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
* Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads
* Self-confidence and an ability to build relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and clients at all levels
* Outstanding communication skills
* A structured approach to their work and the ability to innovate
* Complete fluency in English both, written and spoken and, and the ability to articulate both orally and on paper
* 100% mobility with flexibility around periodic international travel
* Demonstrable IT literacy on standard office applications
* Relevant experience within a marine (oil & gas) environment is preferred. Candidates from other heavy engineering / highly regulated industries are also interest.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business