Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast.
Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team in the position of Electrical Technician at Newbury.
* Maintain the site electrical plant and equipment to ensure the efficient and safe working of the plant.
* Carry out preventative maintenance and installation of new equipment as required.
* Attend plant breakdowns and assist the mechanical technician with his shift duties.
* Respond to and act upon the fault reporting system.
* Works closely with mechanical technicians, process operators, shift/team leaders, senior technicians, software technician, engineering stores, health & safety co-ordinator, production manager and engineering manager to ensure the sites targets and objectives are achieved.
* Health and Safety of self and others
* Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
* Conduct preventative and planned maintenance
* Dealing with plant breakdowns
* Carry out shutdown preparatory work
* Effective communication through section log book and engineering database entries
* Maintaining department and site housekeeping standards
* Participating in continuous plant improvements
* Work with engineering contractors as required
* Maintain the site electrical plant and equipment to ensure that the production and waste budgets are met.
* Carry out and complete preventative maintenance work orders as required.
* Carry out and complete tasks from the fault reporting system as required.
* Enter all tasks carried out during the shift in the section log books and engineering database.
* Experience of industrial installations and control systems
* The ability to fault find and test automated machinery
* Knowledge of AC and DC drives and PLC’s preferably Siemens S7
* Experience in electronics and instrumentation would be advantageous
* Effective communication skills
* A good understanding of health and safety is essential
* To comply with all aspects of the Company Compliance Policy
* To ensure that all the business/operations are performed in accordance with instructions and procedures and in such a way so as to prevent any fraudulent activities taking place
* To comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to observe the requirements of the Company Safety Policy and other relevant legislation
* To update all areas of knowledge as required to carry out the job with maximum effectiveness and to attend training/development courses as and when required
* To comply will all aspects of the HR Policies and Procedures of the Company
* A recognised electrical trade qualification, including the latest IEE regulations.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email
£31k - £36k Annual
£24k - £26k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual