Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary - DOE
My client is a leading manufacturer of precision cutting equipment and is looking for a new addition to their Product Development team. As the Product Designer, you will take a lead role as part of a small team to develop new products and enhance existing models and would therefore need to be a very creative person with high energy and positivity.
The company is being re-energized to achieve its potential and further investment is being made including in new product development (NPD) including the introduction of a new stage-gate product development process. The new position of Product Designer has been created to work closely with the Technical Director to increase their rate of NPD and contribute to achieving their growth ambition.
To enhance the rate and scale of NPD through bringing strong design skills and focus to our process.
* Work as a member of a small team developing initial design concepts and taking these through to prototyping and detailed manufacturing drawings. Working initially alongside the Technical Director and taking increased responsibility over time.
* To liaise with manufacturing colleagues on taking designs into practical and sustainable manufacturing including jig and fixture design for manufacturing components in our CNC machine shop.
* To document thoroughly and update the technical specifications and drawings of existing machines.
* To work as a member of a small team of commercial, manufacturing and technical colleagues on the evolution of the current and future machine ranges.
* Educated to HND or above in Mechanical Engineering.
* Numerate, analytical and IT literate in particular fluent with Solid Works or equivalent systems.
* Understanding of metal processing and machinery, where possible in Aluminium and Steel (desirable)
* Ability to work with a wide variety of people with a good level of interpersonal skills.
* Good practical technical capability and good problem-solving skills.
Candidates working with metals, wood or plastics will be considered along with either static or moving products.
As part of the process, the client will wish to see a design portfolio showing examples of 3D models, 2D drawings and other relevant content to demonstrate the type and scope of work achieved
£35k - £45k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£32k - £37k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£25k - £35k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£30k - £36k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual