Cyber Security / SCADA Engineer
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
ScottishPower is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world’s largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy. Scottish Power is the first integrated energy company in the UK to generate 100% green electricity. Our focus is on wind energy, smart grids and driving the change to a cleaner, electric future and we’re investing over £4m every working day to make this happen.
Our ambitious growth plans include offshore windfarms in East Anglia with our team leading the Group’s international offshore development. With over 40 operational windfarms, we manage all of our sites through our world leading Control Centre at Whitelee Windfarm., near Glasgow.
At ScottishPower Renewables, we know people are central to building a better future, quicker and we are seeking new talent to join our team.
The post holder, working under direction, will form part of the SPR Operations team and be responsible for developing, and managing the Cyber Security policies in place for ScottishPower Renewables.
Primary responsibilities of the role include:
* Develop, implement and manage a local asset inventory of SCADA devices and other Cyber assets within the SPR portfolio of windfarms and other SPR locations.
* Expand the SPR Asset Change Management process to include SCADA devices and other Cyber assets ensuring all changes are registered and approved in compliance with the local Cyber policies.
* Provide security advice, in collaboration with Cyber Security, and support to management, BAU and projects to comply with both global and local requirements and obligations.
* Maintain and communicate relevant local security procedures aligned with necessary Cyber Security rules, processes, procedures and standards.
* Perform risk analysis to ensure that appropriate security controls are in place and highlight any deficiencies and gaps for management consideration.
* Where required, propose solutions and coordinate delivery of mitigating actions to ensure risk levels are aligned with risk appetite.
* Perform compliance checks to ensure Cyber Security controls are operating as designed.
* Work closely with other areas of the Group (Iberdrola, SP Businesses) to exchange best practise.
* Identify opportunities to enhance the business security incident response processes, tools and procedures.
* In conjunction with the Cyber Security team collaborate to produce \ deploy Cyber Security awareness training and material across SPR as required.
* In collaboration with Cyber Security participate and support security related investigations and reporting; and
* Operate collaboratively with the wider Cyber Security team as required to deliver the required solutions.
· Educated to degree level in a business discipline or equivalent experience.
· Strong understanding \ experience of Cyber Security concepts.
· Understanding \ experience of SCADA control concepts.
· Excellent communication and documentation skills.
· Strong analytical, influencing and interpersonal skill, with proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
· Ability to operate and engage at all levels in the organisation.
· Knowledge and awareness of ISO 27000 series of standards.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
· Analytical, logical and strategic skills.
· Procedural development experience.
· Ability to work on own initiative.
· Efficiency orientated; and
· Customer focussed.
· Good knowledge of key business process, service performance and risk management.
· Previous Cyber Security expertise; and
· Knowledge of IT and communications systems architecture and design.
If you feel this is the role for you then apply today for immediate consideration!
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion’s approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants