Sales Applications Engineer
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
- To effectively communicate within the Services function to ensure both internal and external stakeholders are aware of customer enquiries and status of enquiry.
- To provide support both technical and commercial support to Regional Sales Managers.
- To produce accurate product costings within set timeframes using bespoke designed software systems in order to drive the whole process.
- To prepare quotations for customer requests ensuring that the technical and commercial risks associated with the quoting function are identified and quantified by the correct use of the quotation & approvals systems, complete liaison with internal customers and Regional Sales Managers occurs with the objective to maximise profitable order intake.
- To ensure appropriate authorisation sign off levels are met where required.
- To ensure the timely submission of quotations and related documentation to customers occurs in required format (i.e. electronically / hard copy etc)
- To support fellow team members when required.
- To participate or lead Technical Site Surveys.
- To assist the Service Operations Manager in the improvement & development of standard quote documents and procedures.
- To assist the Service Operations Manager in the ongoing development of the business based technical and commercial library.
- To ensure departmental performance is to a standard which satisfies internal and external customer requirements.
- To undertake any other relevant tasks as requested by management.
The Sales Applications Engineering function is operated by a small team operating internally and externally whose functions are interdependent.
Effective and regular communication between department members is crucial.
- The ability to effectively communicate using both verbal and written communication that delivers high levels of confidence in those dealt with.
- A strong technical background with high levels of commercial acumen.
- The ability to meet the expectation of both internal and external customer, clients and suppliers through a sound understanding of their requirements, being responsive to their needs and exceeding their requirements.
- The ability to think through and adopt a clear, sensible approach to planning, prioritising and organising tasks and activities to meet deadlines and targets.Makes most efficient use of time and other resources.
- The ability to pragmatically solve problems using varied approaches and considering all relevant factors and options before making a decision/taking action.
- The ability to encourage team working within own function and the broader business.
- The ability to demonstrate energy, drive, commitment and dedication to achieving both own and company success.
- Proactive in approach, resilient under pressure, ability to maintain clarity and vision, and possesses a strong results orientation.
Employment & Educational Background
- The ideal candidate will have at least two years experience in Electrical engineering, preferably within an office environment.
- Specific experience of LV or MV switchgear or associated products would be a distinct advantage, as would a good educational background to at least ONC standard in Electronic/Electrical Engineering
£30k - £30k Annual
£40k - £40k Annual
£14 - £16 Hourly
£25k - £30k Annual