Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Mechanically bias)
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Role: Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Mechanically bias)
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic maintenance engineer.
You will be working in a fast paced manufacturing industry, maintaining a wide array of machinery and automated plant. There is to be a significant future investment in new machinery, so this is the ideal time to join the Engineering team.
Responsible to: Engineering Manager
* Carry out all engineering activities in a safe manner, utilise appropriate PPE as specified
* Be responsible for ensuring that good housekeeping standards are maintained in their own activities, including the safe removal of all scrap engineering materials/general rubbish for their area of work.
* Use and participate in site permit work procedures
* Carry out planned maintenance activities in order to minimise downtime.
* Participate, as required, in the construction, installation and commissioning of approved plant modifications and projects
* Overhaul equipment to manufacturer’s/site standards in order to provide cost effective maintenance on site
* Assist in site inspection/testing activities as required, within own area of competence
* Undergo basic electrical cross-skill training and upskill training in core skill area and actively seek opportunities to apply these skills in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of engineering activities on the site.
* Work flexibly in all required areas of the site and in close co-operation with other members of the engineering team
* Undergo further training for new plant equipment and assist in the training of new personnel where necessary
Job Requirements / Qualifications
* Possess the relevant Mechanical qualifications and experience to be able to work safely within a manufacturing environment
* Must be apprentice trained in Mechanical engineering
* Must have knowledge of fabrication skills /welding
*Must have Bench Fitting skills
*Must have machining skills Milling /Turning
*Possess fundamental electrical knowledge and skills
* Must respond to breakdowns in a timely manner
* Must be aware of and capable of working to engineering best practice
* IT literate Word /Excel/ PowerPoint
* Be a good communicator: have a relatively outgoing personality
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* Proactive and positive approach to tasks
*Have a can- do attitude
*Have good understanding of problem solving / Root Cause Analysis
Salary: £36,000 Plus incentives.
Hours of work: Annualised hours based on working 46.5 hours P/W
Currently working days but will change to double shifts eventually
(phone number removed) shift will be covered on a1 in 4 week basis
£36k - £40k Annual
£30k - £32k Annual
£30k - £36.5k Annual
£30k - £34k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual