Piping Designer (AutoCAD Plant 3D)
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Using Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D software the purpose of this role is to lead the CAD creation of 3D models of high value scalable plant whilst developing processes and your design team for activities to be conducted within the project design department.
Responsibilities will include:
* Create and lead direction of making the most of AutoCAD Plant 3D and create processes and procedures for all activities conducted within the CAD department
* Using AutoCAD P&ID software produce intelligent P&ID’s
* Create and structure a project to EPC company standards using AutoCAD Plant 3D
* Using AutoCAD Plant 3D create and produce 3D model(s) inclusive of plant layout, piping design, and all instruments, valves etc
* Produce Material Take Offs from the AutoCAD Plant 3D model
* Incorporate 3rd party equipment / information into the model to ensure compatibility with the AutoCAD Plant 3D software.
* Ensure isometrics against piping specifications and P&IDs.
* Develop and lead your design function
Demonstrable Experience Required:
* >10 years experience with 3D CAD
* Extensive experience of working with AutoCAD Plant 3D and associate software suite
* Experience of creating intelligent P&ID’s within AutoCAD P&ID (or similar)
* Extensive experience of piping plant design within an Oil & Gas, Water, Mining, Chemical or similar environment.
* Ability to work effectively under pressure - working to deadlines and be able to prioritise workload.
This is a truly unique and challenging role ideally suited to an AutoCAD Plant 3D expert who knows what good looks like and has a keen eye for detail. Our client offers a significant rewards package inclusive of personal development and bonus.
Should you have this background and are interested in learning more please apply via the weblink ensuring to attach a copy of your most recent CV