Pipe Fitter (Fabrication)
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
A leading Irvine based fabrication contractor supplying the oil and gas industry (Structural & Piping).
To be able to manufacture and test all aspects of pipework working form detailed engineering drawings.
• Adherence to Company Policy, procedures.
• Quality, safety, health and environmental awareness (e.g. responsible for own and others safety.
• To perform tasks which may be requested by Management, from individual risk awareness within job role.
• Be responsible for general good house-keeping and safe working practices in the workshop and on facility.
• Interpretation of drawings and documentation.
• The layout and fitting out of equipment on racks, skids or on site or as required
• The preparation and fabrication of spools in accordance with drawing requirements
• The location and fitting of labels
• The checking and testing of the equipment and piping and recording of results
• Liaison with inspectors as required
• The cleaning and protection of the work
• Ensuring the suitability and correctness of tools and test equipment
• Withdrawal of correct materials from stores
• To liaise with health and safety officer and supervisor to promote a safe working environment
• To be responsible for their individual quality health and safety as well as their colleagues
• Pipefitters will be involved in attendance at courses etc in order to maintain familiarity with current standards and practices
• Pipefitters have a responsibility for general good house keeping and safe working practices on site
• Pipefitters are responsible for the accuracy and content of their own work
• Cable management and house keeping
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Successful SHE Induction
• Previous experience fabricating pipes spools working to stringent tolerances
• An understanding of company Quality safety Health and Environmental systems & programmes
• Communicate in a positive manner with shop floor personnel and discipline supervisor
• Complete a recognised training programme e.g. Time-Served Apprenticeship
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Overhead Crane - Desirable
£17.50 Basic (39 hours)
No travel or accomodation paid
£23 - £23 Hourly
£19.1 - £39.5 Hourly
£17.5 - £29.5 Hourly
£14 - £18.3 Hourly
£18 - £22 Hourly
£18.5 - £30 Hourly
£18.5 - £30 Hourly
£18 - £24 Hourly
£19 - £30 Hourly