Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
A leading Irvine based fabrication contractor supplying the oil and gas industry (Structural & Piping).
Produce all aspects of fabricated components working from detailed engineering drawings.
• Adherence to Company Policy, procedures.
• Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental awareness (e.g. responsible for own and other safety.)
• To perform tasks which may be requested by Management.
• Individual risk awareness within job role.
• Be responsible for general good house-keeping and safe working practices in the workshop and on facility.
• The interpretation of drawings and documentation.
• Ensure that all cutting grinding and measuring equipment is available and in working order
• Report all defects and shortages to supervisor.
• Withdrawal of correct materials from stores
• Carry out the plating operation in accordance with the relevant work instructions or the clients requirements
• Pass on all relevant information to the designated welder and check that it satisfies the drawing requirements
• Liaise with inspectors as required
• To liaise with Health and Safety Officer and Supervisor to promote a safe working environment
• To be responsible for their individual quality health and safety as well as their colleagues.
• Platers will when required attend courses to maintain competence in line with new standards and techniques
• Be responsible for general good house keeping and safe working practices
• Be accountable for own actions and take responsibility for the accuracy and content of their own work
• Cable Management and house-keeping
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Successful SHE Induction prior to starting work
• Previous heavy fabrication experience on construction sites working to stringent tolerances
• An understanding of company Quality Safety Health and Environmental systems & programmes
• Communicate in a positive manner with shop floor personnel and discipline supervisor
• Completed a recognised training programme e.g. Time-Served Apprenticeship
• Complete Trade Test
• Tacking Test
• Computer Literate
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Overhead crane – Desirable
• Lifting and fairing aids
• MEWP – Desirable
£17.50 Basic (39 hours), £23.50 OT1 £29.50 OT2
(12 hour shifts available Mon - Friday and 8 hours Sat & Sun)
£19.9 - £27.3 Hourly
£17.5 - £29.5 Hourly
£19.1 - £39.1 Hourly
£10 - £12 Hourly
£9 - £11.8 Hourly
£13 - £18 Hourly
£13 - £18 Hourly
£15 - £15 Hourly
£2.2k - £2.2k Weekly