Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
Do you have a proven track record as a plant fitter within a demolition, quarrying, construction, waste management or recycling background?
Are you looking for your next career move? YES? Keep reading
My client is a family run organisation, who have been up and running for over 100 years. They are one of the UK’s leaders at what they do and are now looking for a heavy plant fitter / engineer to join them.
Interested? Keep reading.
You will have a proven track record as a heavy plant fitter and worked with machinery such as Loading Shovels, Fork Lift Trucks, 360 excavators, Cherry pickers, Moffets or equivalent and worked with the following brands: CAT, Liebherr, Lindie etc.
• You will carry out fault diagnosis and repair Manual Handling Equipment (MHE) and repair , maintain and inspect all plant equipment
• You will ensure servicing schedules are followed in accordance with the Manufacturers specifications.
• Inspect and service all vehicles, plant and equipment in line with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) minimum standards.
• Carry out Plant safety inspections in line with group fleet policy.
• Maintain prepare and present vehicles for annual LOLOR testing.
• Conduct daily duties in a safe working manner whilst adhering to (QHSE) obligations under the Health & Safety at work ACT 1974 and follow the code of safe working practice in the work place.
• Report any unsafe acts, hazards, defective equipment to your safety advisor and maintain a safe working environment at all times.
Your Technical Skills:
• City &Guilds Level 3 in mechanical engineering or equivalent engineering qualifications
• Major component overhaul skills (Engine, Gearbox, Braking systems)
• Specialist skills (Pneumatic Welding, Hydraulics, Electrical systems)
• Possess personal basic engineering tool kit (Spanners, sockets, screwdrivers etc.).
• Experience in maintaining waste handling equipment is preferred, not essential.
• Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
• Must have a flexible approach.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Electrical experience
• Welder / Fabricator.
• Good Communicator
• Follow both written and verbal instruction
If this is an opportunity that you would be interested in, then apply now as position will be filled soon. For more details you can contact Shimlan Choudhury on (phone number removed) / (phone number removed) or
All the best