Senior Planner | Buckingham | Land & Property Consultants
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
Reports to: Head of Planning & Development
Salary: Competitive package and mileage allowance
Penguin Recruitment is pleased to be working with a highly respected firm of land and property professionals in Buckingham on the appointment of a Senior Planner.
Operating within centrally located offices and in an identified growth area you will be responsible for advising clients on the optimum method of promoting land for development, preparation and submission of a wide variety of planning applications and to demonstrate the ability to provide creative solutions to a range of planning and development issues.
Project types include residential, commercial, mixed-use, rural and change of use and range from single plots to large urban extensions. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of schemes which can often be a frustrating part of working within a larger team.
* Identification and promotion of strategic sites with potential
* Liaising with clients and potential clients as to how best to take sites forward
* Negotiating Heads of Terms with developers/promoters regarding planning promotion agreements, options or other joint venture arrangements
* Preparation of design and access statements and planning statements
* Keeping abreast of a variety of local plans and liaising with particular planning authorities
* Engagement with Parish Councils regarding emerging neighbourhood plans
* Liaising with colleagues in other departments to provide an “under one roof” property service.
* Liaising with clients and specialist consultants in respect of specialist reports eg flood risk, ecology, highways, contamination etc
* 2 to 5 years' planning experience
* RTPI/RIC qualified
* Consultancy led environment or local authority background preferred
* Ability to work both on own initiative and part of a team
* Good interpersonal skills with clients, potential clients, colleagues and third parties
* Clean Driving Licence
Our client is able to offer a positive and supportive environment, ongoing career guidance from a senior leadership team and a competitive salary and benefits package including an incentivised bonus scheme.
The Director leading this recruitment is keen to meet with suitable Planners immediately so to please register your interest below by clicking ‘apply’.
For further information on this role or others in the region, please contact me on (phone number removed) or