Infrastructure Solutions Designer
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
My client are a nationally recognised public sector body located along the south coast. At present we require an experience Solution Designer to join our Infrastructure Delivery Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of solutions built on enterprise class platforms to meet business requirements, corporate strategies and architectural standards.
You will be a member of a team working alongside; Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers and Technical Specialists, you will produce fully costed end-to-end solution designs that meet functional and non-functional requirements.
You will be well versed in solution delivery lifecycles and be technically accountable for the successful implementation of your solutions through to launch, completing design documentation and resolving any identified risks and architectural issues.
The successful candidate will have experience in designing and delivering solutions utilising a wide range of technologies including: Application Provision/Integration, IDAM, Windows Server, firewalls, load balancers, databases, both hosted and cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
* Liaise with IT and Key Stakeholders helping to understand/set high level scope for each proposal.
* Research options and make high level recommendations on delivery methods.
* Liaise with Enterprise Team to ensure standards and future direction are met.
* Provide feedback on likely achievement against initial business case.
* Create infrastructure designs and cost estimates.
* Create task and resource estimates.
* Present proposals for IT architecture and organisational approval.
Essential Skills & Experience
* Significant Experienced in Enterprise grade IT solution design
* Ability to be an SME for a wide range of proposals, technical & business areas. Some where you may have to learn as you go.
* Good communication skills – including verbal, written and facilitation skills
* Experience of early planning, estimation and cost modelling
* Microsoft Azure
* Microsoft Office 365
* Microsoft Windows 10
* Windows Server 2016
* Citrix XenServer, XenDesktop, NetScaler
* VMWare ESXi 5+
* Microsoft Hyper-V
* App V