Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
The AP/AR Lead will have full oversight of the trade payable and receivables balances, and all associated processes. They will need to be a strong communicator with a pro-active attitude, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
What you will do:
* Managing the end to end AP process to ensure all invoices are posted to SAP in a timely manner and processed and paid within contracted terms. (invoices are received into our shared service centre)
* Monthly reconciliation of the trade payables and trade receivables ledgers, including supplier statement reconciliations.
* Ensuring all bank payments and receipts are allocated prior to month end.
* Supporting the business, as the ‘go to’ contact, for queries relating to the end to end accounts payable process, including: new vendor set up, purchase order creation and approval, goods receipting and supplier invoices.
* Review and monitor new vendor creation with Capita procurement to ensure the service level agreement deadlines are met.
* Monitor non-compliance in the business with the PO process (e.g. invoices received without a valid PO)
* Monthly reconciliations of the goods received not invoiced account, including issuing an aged-items report to the business and reversing any over-accrued goods receipts.
* Management of the purchase order population and ensure purchase orders are closed when no longer required.
* Supporting with the interim and year end audits.
* Regularly review and update guidance and training materials that are shared with the business for the purchase order process.
* Support with planned SAP HANA upgrade.
* Assist with the monthly billing to customers and ensuring all payments are received within 5 working days, as set out by the Code under which we operate (Smart Energy Code)
Your experience will include:
* Previous AP/AR experience (1-2 years)
* Experience of Purchase Order management
* Experience of working with a shared service centre
* Ability to problem solve and resolve queries in an efficient manner
* Strong Excel knowledge
* Strong communicator
* Pro-active and comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment
About Smart DCC
At DCC we’ve built the data and communications infrastructure that will support the mass roll out of smart electricity and gas meters to homes and small businesses across the country. The world’s most ambitious smart meter roll out will see over 53 million smart meters installed across the UK by 2020. Join us and you’ll be part of a team that is supporting the country’s transition to a low-carbon economy, and helping to ensure an affordable, secure and sustainable energy supply for the future.
Smart Data Communications Company (DCC) are part of Capita Plc, the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers’ needs, we’ve helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration – with colleagues, customers and clients – is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also offer a company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply – you can contact for guidance and to request a full job description.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership