Mechanical Assemblers - Northallerton - ASAP Start
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Efficient and effective fabrication, assembly and testing of industrial wash equipment to defined build procedures, engineering specifications and standards.
- Working to clearly defined goals with respect to safety, quality, efficiency and delivery.
- Being flexible between processes where appropriate training has been given.
- Identifying improvement / cost reduction opportunities and supporting lean and continuous improvement activities.
- Provide timely feedback to supervisor / manager on any technical or quality issues that arise.
- Ensure all work & time is recorded appropriately through the required system
- Support in the training of new personnel as required
- Adhere to general housekeeping rules and maintain a clean and tidy working environment at all times
- Ensure that all Environmental Health and Safety / Company Policies are adhered to at all times
- Attend departmental meetings as required
- Support other departments in order to meet Company objectives.
Core Skills \ Competencies
- Mechanical assembly experience.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing tools techniques (5S \ TPM \ Std Work \ Line Balancing)
- Root cause analysis and problem-solving ability.
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Flexible approach to working hours
- £9.08 per hr Mon => Fri: 7.00am to 4.30pm
- 45 hrs per week - Overtime rate paid at time and half (including weekends and bank holidays)
- 20 days per year (+1 day for every 3 years` service up to 25 days)